PLEASE ALL READ

supercowpony

Visit site
Ok, following reading a few threads recently, and the countless articles about overheight showing and the cruelty used keep these horses in their classes, I thought, 'someone should start a petition and send it to all the showing societies, asking that it be emphasised classes are for horses between certain heights, not just full up horses, and that judges should be instructed to not take height into account.'

And then I thought, well there's nothing stopping me! I've only really shown at local level, though I've groomed for a show producer at PUK etc, so that's what I really want all of you to put your names to this petition, and suggest all the showing societies it should be sent to, to give it a lot more clout!

So, please could you reply to this post with your full name and email address, and your own comment if you wish? Or if you feel uncomfortable putting it on the forum, please please pm me!
I will post the covering letter on here before sending to make sure people are happy with it. This post is on horse gossip as well.

I want this cruelty to stop, as I'm sure you all do, and there's no reason why as a group we can't put as much pressure on the showing societies to try and stop it!

supercowpony

Visit site
Please add your names!
this is such senseless cruelty that could be prevented so easily. I think it's really sad this post has had over one hundred views, yet no one has taken the short amount of time to put down their name and email.
I understand that people are worried your emails will be used for other things, and I can only ask you trust me and look at my other posts to see that I am genuine!

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
You really shouldn't be asking people to post any personal details on a public forum. You don't even have to be a member to view this part. It is just asking for spam trouble.

supercowpony

Visit site
sorry, I copied and pasted this off a private forum and had not amended it!
people may pm me if they wish. I am currently looking at setting up an online petition.

cruelty such as paring feet so much that the horse is lame, taking away water and food from the horse so they shrink, working them for ridiculous amounts of time so they shrink, measuring a horse with a pin attached to the measuring stick, so the horse learns to shrink away from the stick and so measure lower.

Jake10

Visit site
TBH I'd set up the petition and post the link. I won't post any private info on a public forum or to someone I didn't know via PM :eek:

rockysmum

Visit site
Why just mention showing, those practices apply to any discipline where the horse needs a height certificate. I assume show jumping ponies would and probably other things I cant think of at the moment.

supercowpony

Visit site
Yes, this is a problem in other height disciplines, but in showjumping etc, the horses height MAY make a difference to performance, whereas in showing judges discriminate against horses not up to height, so it is relatively easy for this to be corrected.
In showjumping etc, perhaps classes should be split further??
I have focused on showing because I know more about the height restrictions in it, and think I have viable solutions for it.

NOW PLEASE GO HERE TO SIGN THE PETITION!

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/stop-cruelty-to-show-horses-over-height-measuring.html

Thank you so much for your support!