PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP??????

toya

New User
Visit site
My friend brought her 1st horse 2 months ago advertised as a quiet novice ride good in all ways!! How ever the horse has bucked her off every time she has ridden it since we got it home ! She has had the back looked at and there are some large problems that can't really be fixed so horse can no longer be ridden! The horse was 5* vetted and passed.The girl she brought her off said she had owned the mare for 5 years and the person on the passport was her sister,none of which was true the previous owner sold her 4 weeks prior to a dealer (not the girl we brought her off) for £600 as a problem horse NOT novice ride BAD bucker !! My friend saved for just over a year to buy a horse and she's scared stiff of this mare can anyone help point us in the right direction please ???? she doesn't have loss of use in her insurance .

Visit site
Ok, am a little confused - did she buy her off a dealer then??

Was the vetting done on behalf of the seller or on behalf of your friend? If it was a full 5* vetting a blood sample should have been taken and stored - it would be worth getting the sample sent off to see if their is any evidence of the horse being doped. What was the horse like when she tried it out?

Has she managed to contact the person she bought the horse off?

She should get legal advice.

toya

New User
Visit site
OH OK THANKS VERY MUCH
smile.gif

toya

New User
Visit site
No she didn't buy her off the dealer we'er still trying to find out who this girl was as nothing she told us was true !!! the horse was fine when ridden at viewing although she didn't canter as she's quiet nervious of new horses.We are struggling contacting the vet now and getting the certificate for the pass !!

Visit site
If the vetting was organised etc by the seller I think it may be that they will have the certificate? If they even really had it vetted. Have heard of sellers saying that a horse has passed a vetting when it hasn't even been vetted.

Really think it is something you need to get legal advice on.

lottie1990

www.myspace.com
What causes the horse to buck? Is it just cantering when she bucks?
Did whoever looked at her back actually saythe horse can never be ridden again?

I would rest the horse for a a few months or even longer, then slowly start again from the basics.

But this horse sounds abit dodgy with the back and bucking so how come this wasnt mentioned from the previoUS owner.

All i can think is you have either been scammed badly into buying this horse or its suddnely had back problems when your friend started ridign it? :s