Please can I have recommendations for nice grazing muzzles?

georgiegirl

Visit site
With the spring grass and all Im going to be watching georges weight - he is a greedy so and so who will continue eating when everyone else has stopped!

So, if anyone can recommend me a decent grazing muzzle that would great! Looking for something he can still graze and drink with and it MUST be 'fieldsafe' ie have a breakaway point somewhere on it - I wont turn horses out in anything which wont break if needed so this last point is an absolute must.

Thankyou!!

dilbert

Visit site
My cob did just fine in the Roma ones from eBay. Sometimes managed to rub them off but not very often, I did also find that they needed replacing maybe once a year as he would rub a bigger hole!

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
I also like the Roma ones, they are similar to the Shires webbing one but a bit softer and less substantial (which has meant they havent started to rub as the Shires one did after a while). Whether you would count them as fieldsafe I dont know, they both have a velcro fastening (doublesided), which in theory would come away, who knows in practice.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
The shires ones have a velcro strap. Strong enough to keep it on the most zealous of muzzle-evaders, but would still come away in a situation!

Personally do not like the greenguards.... however, it is probably because my horse did not have the right shaped lips for it.

Myloubylou

Visit site
I have my welsh d in a best friends delux grazing muzzle. As she has it on a lot I customised it with some lamb skin, the sort you can put on bridle nose bands.