Please help - getting really p'd off!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Thanks.

Yes it is the fact that the last 2 days our wire has been cute so they can gain access. That is beyond rude.
And then leaving litter all in the field that the horses could eat...what is wrong with people?
A sense of self entitlement that they can do as they please despite the fact it is clearly trespass. The fact they are coming with the appropriate tools to cut the wire. And can clearly tell we are trying to keep them out. I just can't fathom it.

Cutting the wire is crimanal damage so do report it to the police.

HEM

Visit site
This is the thing...the obviously came and saw we have put up barbed wire and extra fence...then must have came back with the cutters.
Who'd be that desperate to feed someone's horses? It is weird.

It does seem very strange how determined they are just to feed some horses... I think CCTV is the way to go just in case they are planning something else (not sure what but it is weird)

HorseyTee

Visit site
Well ye my partner did query if they are possibly up to something else and trying to befriend the horses...I honestly can't see anybody being able to put a headcollar on 2 of them though as they don't like strangers.

HEM

Visit site
Well ye my partner did query if they are possibly up to something else and trying to befriend the horses...I honestly can't see anybody being able to put a headcollar on 2 of them though as they don't like strangers.

Maybe is it exactly that... if they become regular faces and are getting food from them that is how any animal gains trust.

Carlosmum

Visit site
Are they climbing the gate first to get to the wire? I would cover the top bar of the gate in good old fashioned tractor grease, quite unpleasant if you get it on your clothes.

HorseyTee

Visit site
No the top of the gate has barbes wire on, and then a strip of electric fence about a foot inside the gate in our field. They've been cutting the barbed wire off the gate. We fixed it then they did it again.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Get some security paint for the gate secure the gate with chains and padlocks at both ends and move the electric fen back into the field and make sure it’s got a good whack going through it.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Can you put many stands of electric fencing just behind the gate, with plenty of power going through it, so that any-one climbing over the gate will find it very difficult to avoid the electric fence?

Kat

Visit site
Report every instance of criminal damage to the police if it is happening regularly they will eventually be interested. In the meantime get a wildlife camera and then you will have evidence for the police so they are more likely to take action.

I can't imagine anyone would go to all this trouble just to feed your horses, so I would be very careful until your camera shows you what is going on. Certainly don't hide up there and confront them you could be putting yourself at risk.

FinkleyAlex

Visit site
I'd put a sign up saying that whoever is cutting the wire has been reported to the police as it is criminal damage, then reiterate that entering your land without permission is trespass. Hopefully that will put them off doing it any more.

ElectricChampagne

Visit site
could you get a wildlife/animal surveillance camera similar to the below and pop it somewhere in the field, on a gate post or whatever and come back to check the footage at a later date? Its motion activated and will record in infrared at night.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/APEMAN-Wildlife-Camera-Infrared-Vision/dp/B01N7FXWP1

I've no idea what the above one is like but might be worth a try as you don't need a power source.

HorseyTee

Visit site
I hope it is in a way and not people feeding the boys.
I find it weird though that is in in their field right in the open. Not tucked away in the bushes or anything? And no other signs of any drugs or anything like that.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Seems weird to pick a field with livestock and a barbed wire covered gate in which to take one's drugs? There must ne any number of empty fields to play in instead? But it does sound that way from the litter being left. Weird. Wildlife camera for definite, OP. Put a call in to the police. And don't try and confront anyone yourself.

HorseyTee

Visit site
Thanks all.

When saod culprit/s pop up on the camera, I'll let you know.
I hope it is innocent and I'm getting over worried for nothing but it just feels like whoever it is is going through a lot of trouble to get in there?
There is a big nature reserve and other green space nearby so plenty of places to do recreational things should anybody wish to.

HEM

Visit site
Yep, very very weird. I think it's time to report it, with the suspicion of drugs and the multiple times private property has been trespassed on and damaged police should do something!

HEM

Visit site
Thanks all.

When saod culprit/s pop up on the camera, I'll let you know.
I hope it is innocent and I'm getting over worried for nothing but it just feels like whoever it is is going through a lot of trouble to get in there?
There is a big nature reserve and other green space nearby so plenty of places to do recreational things should anybody wish to.

yes do keep us up dated! I am intrigued now!!o_O