please help me find a gift for a 17yo

ghostie

Visit site
I have just realised I'm officially old - trying to choose a present for a girl on our yard who's turning 17, and I have no clue what a 17 year old girl might like.

She doesn't have much in the way of riding clothes, so would love to buy her a nice pair of jodpurs and also a riding top to go with them.

Any suggestions for brands or what is likely to be appreciated very gratefully received, I literally have no clue :D

ghostie

Visit site
ooh, shall look at Toggi - thank you :)

Thought about gift vouchers but it's a bit tricky as we don't have many decent ones locally, and I'm always worried if I buy online ones they'll go bust before they can be spent - so I thiought I'd buy her some online and give her the receipt in case she wants to change them, but would like to get something halfway reasonable to begin with :)

its_noodles

Visit site
I would recommend some Sealskinz All Weather Riding Gloves. They are great for cold weather. I know it's getting warmer now but don't forget the pain in your hands when it gets really really cold!!! They are officially selling for £45 but you can get them for just over £25 on Ebay. Just search for "Sealskinz All Weather Riding Gloves" on Ebay...

EllieandGeorge

Visit site
mark Todd, John Whitaker, Mountain horse, musto for jodds, equetech do some nice competition breeches as well. Joules, horseware, hv polo, Toggi all do nice polo shirts. Probably wouldn't go for anything too bright but that might be just my taste!

NativePonyLover

Visit site
I really like Just Togs stuff - especially their drawstring jodhpurs & t-shirts :)

Joules, Toggi, Equetech, Tottie and even Hary Hall do some really nice t-shirts ... well, I am like then anyway, but at 24 not entirely sure I qualify as young any more either!

Spottyappy

Visit site
My daughter is similar age and loves the Kingsland brand. It's not all ott expensive,especially if you look at Hope Valley Saddlery. They do packs of their socks quite reasonably,and often polo shirts are reduced.
She also likes saddle cloths and numnahs that are white for competing. You can never have too many white ones,if you compete!

TandD

Visit site
i advise you dont buy her clothes - vouncher or something similar instead - only all clothes fit differently on different people!
but its a lovely idea

Em123

Visit site
I'm 23 and love a nice pair of Sherwood forest jods with a joules polo!
Maybe a nice gillet

its_noodles

Visit site
I have just realised I'm officially old - trying to choose a present for a girl on our yard who's turning 17, and I have no clue what a 17 year old girl might like.

She doesn't have much in the way of riding clothes, so would love to buy her a nice pair of jodpurs and also a riding top to go with them.

Any suggestions for brands or what is likely to be appreciated very gratefully received, I literally have no clue :D

ghostie, what did u get her after all???

skinnyminnie

Visit site
How about sending one of her horse shoes off to be made into a key ring for her car keys when she pass test . Couple of places on Facebook . My 17 yr old did this for me for Mother's Day

ChiffChaff

Visit site
Sherwood Forest, Horze or HKM all quite trendy. Sherwood Forest have some really nice summery polo shirts atm and their jodphurs are lovely and comfy. Some come up small though x