Please help on a very important how much!!...

mistymoo

Visit site
How much would you pay for... a 10 year old, 15hh bay mare (with weird black spots/markings). Honest jumper (XC and SJ) but limited to about 1m. excellent happy hacker (not novice ride but enjoyable) a dream with gates, getting on from weird stuff etc etc. you know she had some kind of tendon/lig injury a couple of years ago but suffers no ill effects at the moment. She's a standardbred so does pace sometimes (obviously affects ability to do dressage or show).

Oh and you've had her on loan for the past 5 years and taught her everything she knows!!!

I want to ask if i can buy Kristal but have no idea how much i should offer. (more difficult as i know her so much more than her owner!!)

Pics in sig...

HELP!!!!
confused.gif

Lilza123

Visit site
I would pay no more than 3000, unless you get all tack, rugs etc included, then i may go up to 3500. Some people are realy asking too much for horses. Im looking for a new one at the moment. Went to see one and the woman asked 4500 for it and it hadn't done anything.
Good luck with her.

mistymoo

Visit site
oh no she's a diamond out hacking.. just not a plod and like all can be spooked but not badly.

TBH i was thinking more along the lines of £1000 as when i first got her as a 5 yo she couldnt even canter let alone jump and i'd like the owner to take that into account.

Tack is mine, apart from 3 outdoor rugs, 1 indoor a fleece and a fly rug. so a couple of 100 quid for them??

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Offer the owner a £1000 then, they can always say no. Owner is probably not that worried about the money as horse has been on loan soo long. Owner may well just be happy the horse has found a suitable home.
smile.gif
Good luck

tigers_eye

Visit site
I think you're much more along the right lines than everyone else - after all it would have cost her owner a hell of a lot to have paid someone to do the work, even if only for a year. Have you been paying all her maintenance costs too? Can you not ask her to give you the mare?

bellasmum

Visit site
you are right on the price maybe upto £1,500 but no more, as TE said have you had her on full loan the last 5 year and paid for everything – to be fair I'd let you have her and walk away!!

mistymoo

Visit site
yes i've paid for everything ( i went to Oz for 7 months but had her back not long after getting back)

All my friends think she should give her to me, i would never have the guts to say that thou!!!

vanessahook

Visit site
I've had some experience of this situation and ended up paying the owner exactly what they paid for the horse.
I also did everything with the horse (including breaking it in) and paid all costs but it was the reverse in that the owner decided to sell. She tried to charge me more than she paid but i refused so eventually she decided to break even. Do you know what the owner paid for the horse?

Weezy

Visit site
I would ask her if she was willing to sign the horse over to you as the first step - you never know she may well say yes! Just say "I would love to be able to call her my own"

mistymoo

Visit site
She bred her herself from her own mare and stallion, and knowing her, there wouldn't of been much cost involved in that!

She has never been to keen on K as years ago when i first had her her sire got in with her and K kicked him (probably because he was trying to mount her) and he broke his knee and had to be pts.

The owners fault i think as keeping mares and stallions separated by electric fencing wouldnt be my choice!

I'm going to just ask her i think - nothing to lose!