Please hit me with a rolled up newspaper :( ...

Fiona

Visit site
I feel so annoyed with myself today :(

Watched the pup stand at the door of the kitchen while we were playing ball before dinner, but stopped looking at her while I filled her water and dinner bowls, and lo and behold she peed :( Stupid idiot :( And its ages since she did, and now clock is reset again :(

Then to cap it all I took her into front garden to water the plants. Held her collar on the way in but for some reason I thought she would go back through the open drive gate herself when we were coming back, and of course she didn't and stood in the middle of the road :( and of course I didn't even have a treat to attract her. Longest 15 seconds of my life :(

Sometimes I think I'm not fit to have a lovely pup :(

Fiona

Alec Swan

Visit site
……..

Sometimes I think I'm not fit to have a lovely pup :(

Fiona

I'm equally sure that you are fit to own and have a pup. It's all to do with having the pup's attention. You can try treats if you like, but there will never be anything to replace a disciplined approach with respect and obedience going hand-in-hand.

Alec.

CorvusCorax

'It's only a laugh, no harm done'
Visit site
I'm going to bop you with the newspaper, but only for getting upset for missing a stray pee and a buggering off incident.
My pup gave me 'oh ****' moments until he was, about, er, four and a half. Chill out a bit, if she ******* off, even in a dangerous situation, try not to stress out or freak, as then you're the last person she'll want to be with. It's a couple of slip ups, we're all human.

Fiona

Visit site

I reckon you're right cc, I was squealing and yelling like an idiot for hubby to come... No wonder pup stood and looked at me :(

This is the little person earlier today, but she has had a bath since as jumped in the bog, so she is now even fluffier...

Fiona

Fiona

Visit site

And playing with dads new rescue collie. ..

I should go and read my total recall book and stop whinging shouldn't I..

Fiona

Clodagh

Visit site
I have never used treats, but accept that people do. If I want a pups attention I just make a bloody fool of myself, you can roll on the ground, squeal, whatever, the ramblers association local chapter are bound to walk past at the moment of maximum humilation but no pup can resist!

ETA she is gorgeous.

Brownmare

Visit site
I have never used treats, but accept that people do. If I want a pups attention I just make a bloody fool of myself, you can roll on the ground, squeal, whatever, the ramblers association local chapter are bound to walk past at the moment of maximum humilation but no pup can resist!

ETA she is gorgeous.

Been there and got the tshirt with that trick :D - I have excruciating memories of lying on my back waving my arms and legs and squealing in the middle of a field trying to get my whippet to come back and pretending not to notice the people on the bridleway who probably thought I was having some kind of adult tantrum!

I also found that running away from the dog works well

Clodagh

Visit site
Been there and got the tshirt with that trick :D - I have excruciating memories of lying on my back waving my arms and legs and squealing in the middle of a field trying to get my whippet to come back and pretending not to notice the people on the bridleway who probably thought I was having some kind of adult tantrum!

I also found that running away from the dog works well

LOL! They probably never rode that route again. Did it work though?

Fiona

Visit site
Lol Clodagh and brownmare.

Running away works v well with her but I darent turn my back when she was on the road. It was so windy I couldn't hear cars.

Been practising this morning though.

Fiona

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
If I want a pups attention I just make a bloody fool of myself, you can roll on the ground, squeal, whatever, .

only works once ime :D

running away works-unless of course its a 9month old setter off his head on endorphins 'chasing' swallows.

don't be so hard on yourself OP, they are alot of work for a long time!

Fiona

Visit site
only works once ime :D

running away works-unless of course its a 9month old setter off his head on endorphins 'chasing' swallows.

don't be so hard on yourself OP, they are alot of work for a long time!

Thanks MoC....

We had a better day today including good recall in the forest running about with my dads mad border collie...

Fiona