please recomend me a lycra rug ...

westparc

Visit site
like snuggy hoods
please recomend me a lycra rug
one that fits well and doent stretch to twice the size and doesnt cost the earth
thanks

NeverSayNever

Visit site
sorry you'l hate me for saying this.... but snuggyhoods. I bought a cheap one, it was crap. Bit the bullet and got the headless T/O from snuggyhoods and it was worth every penny;doesnt move, waterproof, and finally,finally my mare's mane lies flat!:D They have a sale on btw:)

westparc

Visit site
just looked on snuggy hoods and the sale is only for pj fleeces im after one for keeping her clean after wasing for shows :(

fizzer

Visit site
Hen, could you tell me if the sleazy sleepwear hoods fit well, as in they do not slip. Thankyou. Have just found them on the western scene website.

hobgoblin

Visit site
Dress circle Lycra rugs are very good not sure how much they are these days as have had it for 9 years !! Has a few holes in it now but washes up really well and still does the job

Hen

Visit site
I've never had the Sleazy hoods slip. They fit really well and are pretty strong and well-seamed. You need to wash them every 1-2 weeks if using continuously, depending on how dirty your horse is and, as with any lycra, if they lie in very very wet bedding it's not going to stop some degree of staining through to the underside but it is a big help. What I like about these hoods is that they open completely down the front (so are easy to put on/take off without removing a main rug), and they have two velcro attachments - one around the base of the muzzle and a second covering the end of the zip under the throat. I use mine on Quarter Horses every night in winter and at shows, to keep them clean and their long manes lying flat and clean. They wash well in the washing machine and air dry quickly. I've only ever used the medium size on horses of 14.3hh-15.2hh - I bought the large size by mistake once and it was huge!

hobgoblin

Visit site
Just googled dress circle they do appear to have 'gone bust' there was an old thread on here in 2009 I am fairly sure that when I bought my rug they were an Australian company?? Might be worth trying google au if you really want one good luck