Please recommend me a tractor

TTK

Visit site
Well, I've sold my car & have got about £4K to spend on a tractor to maintain the paddocks. Can you experienced tractor owners help as I am very confused about what to look for & where to buy.

I've got 3.5 acres of flat paddocks on clay and have been given a 5' topper. I think I will only want to top, harrow and maybe snow plough as we are up a private track. I need something reliable and easy to drive. Help and advice appreciated, thanks.

Bobbly

Visit site
I bought a ford 4610 x reg. She's great, enough grunt but not too big or complicated to handle for an amateur! I paid about 4k for her 4 years ago though, do some hunting!!

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
Can't beat a little John Deere, we just bought an old one ( oH has 3 big posh ones :D ) for £2000, can't remember the exact model

I agree with this. An old (but not vintage) 'normal' tractor gives you far more options than a compact and doing snow ploughing would be quite a strain for a mini one unless you dont mind a tiny width snow blade.

We have a 1976 John Deere 2030 bought off eBay with lots of stuff with it. It's great! It is 75hp and I wouldnt want less than 50hp to carry standard size implements.
008.jpg

TTK

Visit site
Thanks very much tractor owners, that's really helpful, it's given me some ideas to work with. And my budget seems doable as well which is nice.