Please send good vibes to my baby horse

Allie5

Visit site
Poor baby Bradley is just being loaded to go to the vet clinic. Vet just found a piece of metal in the sole of his hoof. Not sure what it is yet

Allie5

Visit site
Well that's me just in the door at home. We x rayed his foot and found a tiny (like 3mm! Thank god for an eagle eyed vet with a good head torch!) metal splinter. Luckily it was just through the horn into the soft tissue but nowhere near the bone. Lots of sweary words and digging later it was out. It was so tiny and sharp that it kept worming its way in as he tried to dig it out. Another few x rays to confirm its gone and we were left with a 2.5cm hole in the
hoof sole. It was dressed but not packed to allow it to drain. There was a small pocket of puss so its been there a few days but he didn't show lame until the pressure built up. The vets were good enough to bow to my requests and we brought him home again. Poor boy is now tucked up in bed across the aisle from his brother with a week of dressing changes and antibiotics. He has to stay in for about 3 weeks to allow the sole to close but it makes me shudder to think how much worse it could have been. Im beyond shattered now and have a large glass of wine in my hand and a cat on my lap! Bloomin horses!!

gracey

Visit site
ah i am glad bradley is on the road to recovery :D ..enjoy your wine, and i am so glad that its not as bad as it could of been .. give him an extra hug from me please ;) x

Allie5

Visit site
He seems much brighter this morning. The pain must have been pretty bad. First dressing change tonight so hoping he continues his saintly behaviour!!