Please tell me about....natural balance shoes....

black_horse

Visit site
Delicia has 'normal' horse shoes, a set on the front and back, and has had this since she was 5. I have my farrier coming next week and someone mentioned i should get natural balance shoes as these are fab.

However, to me they are more money and she has no issues with her feet, joints and doesnt trip....

I dont really know anything about them, can someone enlighten me, pretty please?

Ill share my chocolate brownie with you :)

iconique

Visit site
I've got them on two of my oldies - its to increase the breakpoint of the foot, which I may have wrong but I know what I mean. Basically if you run and try and run in very flat shoes vs trainers with a turny up toe and rolled heel, you would find it easier in the trainers as your foot rolls easier and doesn't have to be lifted as far - hope this makes sense?

I'd go on the advice of your farrier, mine only have them due to age related problems and on the suggestion of vet and farrier. (one trips badly without them)

A Guilding

Visit site
There exponents of natural balance will tell you they are great, they have there use, but your horse doesnt sound in need. Be a shame to have them put on and find they had an adverse effect on your horse.

Tash88

Visit site
My last horse who had ringbone (not terribly severe) in one of his forelegs had them, and was much better as he used to trip a little in normal shoes. I've never heard of them being used with horses who have no problems whatsoever though, so like others have said I wouldn't change your mare's shoes if she's fine with 'normal' ones. I'm sure your farrier would suggest them if he thought they were necessary.