Please tell me this isn't true Frankei Dettori

redriverrock

Visit site
Wow down abit the poor guy may not be guilty...and his departure from Godolphin was certainly not sudden, had been on the cards for quite a while.
If it is true then yes he has been very stupid but none of us are perfect!

Echo Bravo

Visit site
My Hubby said it doesn't say,but still no excuse as he has 5 children,what does it say to them. I've always liked him as a excellent jockey, a joy to listen too,always thought when he did stop racing he'd be on TV and that is a no go from now on.

ladyt25

Visit site
People are jumping to all sorts of conclusions aren't they. It could be absolutely anything! Who cares anyway, it's not like it actually enhances a jockey's performance per se as it's the horse who does the real 'work' isn't it. As a guess at what it could be that a jockey would take to 'assist' them would be something to help weight loss. However, it COULD also be any substance deemed as 'banned' that he took unknowingly. Don't know why people are getting that upset about it.

redriverrock

Visit site
My Hubby said it doesn't say,but still no excuse as he has 5 children,what does it say to them. I've always liked him as a excellent jockey, a joy to listen too,always thought when he did stop racing he'd be on TV and that is a no go from now on.

Good god, it must be very hard to live upto your perfect standards!! People have done far worse than this and are able to continue with their careers and just so you know your 'hero' has a fairly well documented history with low level drug taking...not that we know what he has been caught taking but he is like most of us...human!
I for one do not judge an entire persons worth on one alleged 'mistake'.

Brummyrat

Visit site
Im absolutely godsmacked at this news, I thought he'd learnt his lessons years ago when he was a fledgling jockey first starting out, said he'd made a huge mistake and would never do it again. I just hope its something innocent that has come up in the test. If it isnt, then I'll still love the guy, none of us are perfect and I can't see what he could take that was at all performance enhancing? I stand to be corrected on that one though...

redriverrock

Visit site
No I didn't know he was taking low level drugs???? What are they????? Do most jockeys take them? AP Mcoy Ruby Walsh ect??

I have no idea if he is taking drugs now but he has admitted and been caught with drugs in the distant past (hence the term 'history'). I am not in anyway defending drug taking but the shock horror reaction is slightly amusing and a little naive...here is an interesting article http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ho...ri-faces-inquiry-following-positive-test.html that if you read properly may give you abit more background...and sorry but no he is not the only one.

Echo Bravo

Visit site
Do you know that hearing this about him and other jockeys, has taken away the joy of watching horse racing, never one really for the flat,but have loved my NH, but if the drug taking is widespread can no longer watch or enjoy:(:(:(:(:(:(

redriverrock

Visit site
Do you know that hearing this about him and other jockeys, has taken away the joy of watching horse racing, never one really for the flat,but have loved my NH, but if the drug taking is widespread can no longer watch or enjoy:(:(:(:(:(:(

No one is saying they all take drugs! It could just be a diaretic which would probably just mean a small fine...Think of the pressure these guys are under to maintain such low weights...it is not natural and takes a massive amount of dedication, I for one only have admiration for what these jockeys do.

q105

Visit site
Oh come on!!! Dettori is an experienced athlete....it is very easy to find out what is and is not an approved substance!!! He has been caught out before, and quite frankly should have known better. These days there is rarely smoke without fire, but the 'brilliants' get a tad brave, think theyre untouchable. Yes, there is pressure to perform, stay fit and keep earning the buck, but this guy has been there, done it and should know better. Sorry to rant. Everyone is entitled to make a mistake....but when you get caught out, expect trouble. Its dog eat dog Im afraid. Naive....? Doubt it!!!
Q

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Can i just ask what differance would it make ? he could not make the horse run faster - it was not him doing the atheletic side of things.

At FD's age, i am sure the bottle has started to go, and the need to keep weight off was becoming more and more difficult.

To keep the schedule FD did i am not surprised that he needed something to take the edge off - but how exactly is this perceived as cheating ?? Is it just that you are braver than someone else in the race ?

redriverrock

Visit site
Oh come on!!! Dettori is an experienced athlete....it is very easy to find out what is and is not an approved substance!!! He has been caught out before, and quite frankly should have known better. These days there is rarely smoke without fire, but the 'brilliants' get a tad brave, think theyre untouchable. Yes, there is pressure to perform, stay fit and keep earning the buck, but this guy has been there, done it and should know better. Sorry to rant. Everyone is entitled to make a mistake....but when you get caught out, expect trouble. Its dog eat dog Im afraid. Naive....? Doubt it!!!
Q

No one has said that the jockeys are naive and no one is defending drug taking...might be an idea to read posters comments properly.

redriverrock

Visit site
Can i just ask what differance would it make ? he could not make the horse run faster - it was not him doing the atheletic side of things.

At FD's age, i am sure the bottle has started to go, and the need to keep weight off was becoming more and more difficult.

To keep the schedule FD did i am not surprised that he needed something to take the edge off - but how exactly is this perceived as cheating ?? Is it just that you are braver than someone else in the race ?

I am starting to feel like Frankies PR!! I would agree that if he has been caught taking something illegal it is not going to help make the horse run any quicker but a banned drug is a banned drug I guess. Ironic when you look into what the americans pump there race horses with but that is a whole new thread!