Please vote for funding for CGEC

Holiday_horse

Visit site
Some of you will know that the Equestrian Club at Chesham Grammar School is a unique voluntary extra curricular activity. Children, who do not have the time or money to have their own ponies, learn to ride and to care for the Club ponies. For many this is an introduction to what becomes a lifelong passion. CGEC needs to raise £2500 to replace fencing and has entered the Mars competition for sports funding. I would be very grateful if you would vote for CGEC and share this with as many others as possible. Thank you. http://www.marsmilk.com/fund2014/clubs/chesham-grammar-equestrian-club

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Dear all, may I please ask you to vote for this super worthy cause? The club is run by a full time teacher who gives up every spare second of her time to help children ride and learn and simply be with the ponies. She also competes and achieves massive dressage to music scores!

Please vote, she desperately needs the funding!! XxX

Holiday_horse

Visit site
Thank you, we have 124 votes so far but are not yet on the leader board. The Club is completely self funding so winning this would make a huge difference.

Tnavas

Visit site
I've voted, and please other people vote as well.

This is a really great club, Tinkerbelle the pony I used to ride many, many years ago was one of the foundation ponies.

Best of luck to you

Holiday_horse

Visit site
Thanks, Tnavas. Your account of Tinkerbell's early days, riding down the A40 etc was amazing.

Here is an extract which went into the book celebrating 40 years of the club: "I'd go down the paddock at 6am - then set off for friends who lived just outside Wexham. I used to ride down the A40! Doubt if I'd dare to do that now. Diana and I would then ride in Black Park for a couple of hours, Tinks would have a break and then I'd ride home. We'd have fun racing the 353 bus along the A40 sounds terribly irresponsible. I remember Mr Unwin the vet judging her at one of Adele Fuller's shows remarking that he had never seen such a fit pony. She was awesome."

Holiday_horse

Visit site
Good news, CGEC has moved into 9th place on the leader board. Please keep voting & help me by posting on here so others see the thread. Thanks!

sport horse

Visit site
I voted yesterday and sent link on to my niece and nephew who were lucky enough to experience riding at Chesham Grammar through the Pony Club. The only state school with its own Pony Club so keep the votes going and keep sharing!

sport horse

Visit site
Keep on voting folks - this is a fantastic cause - how many of you were lucky enough to try out riding at a state school? This club really does give children from all backgrounds the opportunity not only to try riding but also to experience caring for the ponies. A truly worthwhile cause to bring horse sport to children who would not otherwise have the opportunity to experience it. I am a member of the horse community within the region of Chesham Grammar and we are all aware of the great value of this club - totally run by volunteers. VOTE now please!!