Please vote for funding for CGEC

Holiday_horse

Visit site
Hi, I'm back thanks to Google Chrome!
There is a prize each month until September. It would be great to win in June so we don't have to do all this again.
Update - CGEC is in 4th place so thanks for all your efforts, please keep the votes coming.

Holiday_horse

Visit site
CGEC is still in 3rd place, still 15 days to go so please keep voting.
Tnavas - here is another memory of Tinkerbell which was in the book celebrating 40 years of the Club.

We had not long been riding with CHSPC; I, as a sort of veteran member cum helper and my son who was a pupil at the school.
That morning we were riding along, in a single file along Soldiers’ Bottom. The track was particularly muddy. I remember most tracks being muddy. I was riding Velvet and my son was riding in front of me on Tinkerbell.
We had reached a point on the bridleway where there was a small clearing off to the right when Tink decided in her characteristic, ladylike way that she would head there to avoid the worst of the mud.
Alyn was concentrating so hard on getting Tink back in line that he did not realise that he was heading for the trunk of a fallen old tree that threatened to decapitate him. “Watch out Alyn,” I yelled. Alyn put up his arms; grasped the tree; Tink walked on and Alyn was left suspended.
While I was laughing at this Tarzan impression, my foot became trapped in some branches from the same fallen tree. Velvet, too, walked on. I fell off; Alyn’s tree trunk snapped; and there we were both sitting in the mud, unhurt and laughing much to the enjoyment of the rest of the group.

Holiday_horse

Visit site
Thanks, there are so many stories, I had such fun putting them together for the book celebrating 40 years of the club. eg waiting for one rider to shut a gate after the whole ride had gone through it, she struggled & persevered then looked up to find the ride one side & she with her pony were left the other side. There's so much to learn!

CGEC is still in 3rd place.

Holiday_horse

Visit site
Here's another Tink story, she was such a character!
Tinkerbell was bought from Jim Randall and was a bit of loner, she would always be on her own in the field. However that didn’t stop her from taking all the other ponies on a midnight jaunt from the Chesham road field (she was the one who always found the gaps in the fence). This resulted in my mother, who had taken over running the club when Mr Crowe retired, getting a phone call from the police saying that the ponies were on Hyde Heath common with “an officer in attendance”. How they thought they could control all those ponies, we’ll never know, although Mum recalls catching just one of them and in Pied Piper fashion the rest followed her back to the field.
Please keep voting and posting, CGEC is still in 3rd place, which I think is amazing, now we really need your votes to jump ahead of gymnastics and a boat club to gain the £1000 first prize. Thanks again.

Holiday_horse

Visit site
More votes needed please. CGEC has slipped into 4th place. We need your help to move back up the leader board, above the gymnastic and boat clubs. Thank you.