Poll- How far to the field?

If you have used in-hand breeding before....

• Total voters

MillionDollar

Visit site
Sorry in advance another question for my future livery yard.

Just wondering how far you'd be willing to walk to a field for turnout for your horse from the yard. Obviously the closer the better.... so

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
currently Fleur's field ENTRANCE is 10m from yard entrance but she can often be at far end up to 1/4 mile away

Dan's field ENTRANCE is 100m (up a very steep hill!) but can be up to 1/2mil away but he comes to me (good horse
wink.gif
)

I choose 150m though as that covers all current fields i use though I have previously had Dan up to 1mil away in the furthest field the yard has! luckily it was only for a week or two!!

Tia

Visit site
Never mind metres....I would be wanting to go no further than a few feet! LOL!! My stables have all been less than 20 or 30 feet from gate entrances.

KatB

Visit site
Ours have a long "gangway" down to them, so the closest is prob bout 50m, the furthest a damn sight further!! Doesnt bother me, though wouldnt be impressed if had to go down roads/ busy areas to get to turnout....

Nari

Visit site
Depends on which horse I'm leading!

If I'm leading my little sec D 2yo then distance isn't an issue as he's a poppet who'll merrily tootle along with me no matter what the weather or distraction. If I'm leading my ID it can be a totally different story - windy stormy weather, the hunt, killer sparrows in hedges all mean that the less distance I have to lead him the better some days! Any stables opening directly into the field?