Poll@ Zipped or lace up short boots?

Continue to use school

• Total voters

Law

Visit site
I'm going to get some Ariat boots for Xmas and I was wondering whether to get the zipped sort or the lace up sort?
I'd probably want to keep them for 'good' like competing occassional dressage and showing in the summer teamed with some leather gaiters which i already have.

What would you get? (Or what do you prefer/have yourself)

S_N

Visit site
Zipped or pull on. Laces schmaces - too much hassle, can spend that time patting pony
grin.gif

vivhewe

Visit site
I'd go for zipped up front - my mum has a pair of Ariat zip ones which are great. I got a pair of Just Togs ones for everyday with zips and they split, and I couldn't get my gaiters on with them
frown.gif

So I now prefer my trusted £35 Toggi ones
smile.gif

not_with_it

Visit site
I personally prefer laced when on the yard, mine are worn with half chaps. If you are planning on showing though I would go for pull on as IMO these look smarter with gaiters, plus they will look more like long boots.

Law

Visit site
Thanks everyone- one other question is how do they come up for size? I'm between 6 and a 7 so will i be ok with a 6.5? Some jod boots in a 7 are way too big so I usually get a 6

JustKickOn

Visit site
i have the dublin zipped up front boots. incredibly comfy, got them caked in mud over the weekend and didnt brush them off either. didnt get a speck of mud on my hand whilst taking them off thanks to the zip. also you don't have to struggle to get them on and off!
tongue.gif

Bex7

Visit site
I have just bought a pair of these at the weekend as after wondering why my feet were getting wet I cleaned my boots to discover a hole rotted in the toe!!!
shocked.gif
I only had the old ones about 5 months!

Bought the zip up ones as thought they would be easier, they also look pretty cool. Definately will not be wearing these ones to wade through the mud bog that is the paddock
grin.gif