Polo helmets!

My_old_warmblood

Visit site
I have light sensitivity and last night I went for an evening ride- after a severe headache / mild migraine symptoms all day. I was miserable. Head hurting with every movement, eyes watering, vision distorted.
would a wide brim helmet, as seen in polo helmets, help? I can’t ride with sun glasses (it makes me nervous) but I can’t not ride all summer because the sun hurts my eyes.
Could I buy a hatsilk with a wide brim?? I love my skull cap but I just want to not feel nauseous/ feverish from the sun. Please help!

Cloball

Visit site

Starzaan

Visit site
A polo helmet won’t shade your eyes from the sun well at all (ex polo groom here).
I would either try xc or racing goggles, or a special sunshade hat like they wear in the US.

View

Visit site
My glasses have reactions lenses in them, so if the UV is there, they are dark - no control over that. It's never caused me any trouble when riding, and these lenses go darker than that permitted in my sunglasses for driving. Fallen off many, many times while wearing glasses and never had a problem (slight graze on nose is the worst I have suiffered), but my glasses are always scratch resistant and toughened.

Because I don't squint while riding in sunlight, I probably have better vision.

Please, go and talk to your optician - summer should not be miserable.