Polo Ponies Oz

hati

community.webshots.com
I have just returned from 9 months travelling and whilst in Oz I worked with polo ponies for 3 months. Had a brilliant time and got go to some great tournaments. Anyhow, was browsing the web the other day and came across this

and

These were taken at Ellerston in March on our way to the Semi finals. The team got beaten, but won the Subsidary final. Got very attached to my ponies and miss them terribly.

GTs

Visit site
Ellerston is fantastic - very lucky girl to be there!!! Hopefully the polo boys behaved themselves.

hati

community.webshots.com
ah yes, the polo boys. Of course they behaved, if you consider crashing quad bikes, running over roo's, wrecking utes and the odd drunken night!!!

It is the most amazing place in the world and I made some great friends. Also, was at the International Test match at Winsor (Sydney) and the polo at Sydney Show. Where we made the finals, but would not play as Sam had got smashed in the face with a polo ball the day before in another final.

One of my proudest moments was winning the grooms prize at the international test match.

GTs

Visit site
I was over at Melbourne - did an American called Nick Roldan come to Ellerston. He was playing for Jamie in the Melbourne Cup.

GTs

Visit site
I have forgotten what the tournament in March is called, but it is a big one. I was meant to go, I decided to go to beech and see more topless women instead.

GTs

Visit site
I was on the list to get in as one of my friends was going to play for David Calvert Jones, however he went back to England, and Scone was just so far out of the way I could not be bothered for the trek - especially for 16 goal polo.

So did you have fun grooming - to me it looks like an awful lot of work, generally for egotistical assholes.

hati

community.webshots.com
it was hard work, but really enjoyed it. The family I worked for treated me really well and the boys worked as hard as I did. I would feed in the morning and they would rock with the Ellerston breakkie roll at 8am before we did sets.

The sh*t did hit the fan a few times during the subsidary final as it was 6 chukkas, 9 ponies and Angus decided to half chukka everything!!!
It was an experience and as I do not work with horses full time (studying to get a proper job) it was a lot of fun and something I could not do in Ireland.

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The sh*t did hit the fan a few times during the subsidary final as it was 6 chukkas, 9 ponies and Angus decided to half chukka everything!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess with 2 saddles??