Polyarchylamide gel costs

ShowJumperBeckii

Visit site
Hello!
One of my horses had the polyarcylamide hydrogel a few years ago with great results now looking at using it for another horse of mine! Can anyone who has used it recently give me a rough idea of what you paid for the just the hocks? (Have asked vets for quote but taking time to get back to me)

Julia0803

Visit site
I posted on the forum last year. If you search you might find it.

Off the top of my head, approx £700 for gel to the hocks. I think the bill was about £1500 all in, inc work up, x rays and nerve blocks just to hocks, treatment and two night hospital stay.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Thank you! Got my quote this morning vet wants coffin as well as hocks so bill was looking interesting!
Eek, bet that‘s going to be rather spendy, but it’s good stuff. I hope that it gets the results you hope for :).

As a matter of interest, will the vets inject the hocks and the coffins at the same time? I know that with steroid injections they won’t do more than just, for eg, the hocks at one time, and then it’s a few weeks before the next jabs to allow the steroid to get out of the horse’s system. Wonder if it’s the same for Arthramid?

ShowJumperBeckii

Visit site
Eek, bet that‘s going to be rather spendy, but it’s good stuff. I hope that it gets the results you hope for :).

As a matter of interest, will the vets inject the hocks and the coffins at the same time? I know that with steroid injections they won’t do more than just, for eg, the hocks at one time, and then it’s a few weeks before the next jabs to allow the steroid to get out of the horse’s system. Wonder if it’s the same for Arthramid?

I hope so too for the cost!, yeah apparently it’s all fine, other horse has all 4 joints done in one day! they want her in the clinic though as it’s a much thicker substance it’s a higher risk of infection, I had both hocks and coffins done back in February with the steriod all on the same day with my vets

Julia0803

Visit site
Our loan horse had coffin joints and hocks done together (only a month after our owned horse had hocks done- we had barely seen the vet in the previous four years, then it was a bit like buses, all at once!) but yes they wanted the gels done at the clinic and then to stay in for 2/3days after.

ShowJumperBeckii

Visit site
Our loan horse had coffin joints and hocks done together (only a month after our owned horse had hocks done- we had barely seen the vet in the previous four years, then it was a bit like buses, all at once!) but yes they wanted the gels done at the clinic and then to stay in for 2/3days after.
Luckily we have a sit and wait appointment at the clinic then she can come straight home and do her box rest at home