Polyjumps fading... anyone else had problems.?

freckles22uk

www.foxykeepsakes.co.uk
Polyjumps and blocks.... has anyone got them, Ive had mine a while, some I bought in 2004 and some 2006 (I think) Ive got the blocks, multi-jumps and the 8 integral uprights, and all the 'red' ones have faded and are now white, though the blue ones are fine, and the poles are fine too.. anyone had the same problem?.... I would of thought they would of been colourfast what with the cost of them plus they are made to be outside, ..it cost in excess of £1500 for my lot, I know its ages since I had them, but ive never really thought much of it, until I moved house 3 weeks ago to a place with a small sand school, where I can now use them again, and I know im in Spain and it is sunny, but why have the blue ones stayed ok, but the red not... strange..

I have emailed Polyjumps, so it will be interesting to see what they say..

oh, lady on FB replied to say her pink and purple blocks are ok but her poles faded...

So anyone else had a problem with them??.....

Upskyc

Visit site
just want to say, good serves you right for having a lovely equestrian home in spain:p

seriously though I have little tikes play equipment for the kids the red and pink on this has faded dramatically but not the yellow, blue or green the purple has just a little fading., must be the pigment for the red colours.

kerilli

Visit site
yes, mine faded really badly, but i didn't mind that so much, what was very annoying is that the integral cups on the multi-cup uprights snap off in winter when the plastic gets brittle, if a horse hits the pole the cup it's sitting on just snaps off. gggrrrr. considering the cost of them, i wasn't happy, and the company didn't want to know... great customer service, i hadn't had them long.
so, never again... i defected to Jump4Joy and can't fault them.

freckles22uk

www.foxykeepsakes.co.uk
Ultra-violet light will cause the plastic to discolour and make the plastic more brittle.

I understand that, especially here in Spain, lol.... but strange how some colours fade and some dont, Polyjumps should sort this out, and not make the colours that fade, and at least state on their website that some do, and they should not go brittle, that could coarse injury,

Will I will keep emailing them until I get a responses... ;-)

snoopyinfrance

Visit site
that could coarse injury,

Is Spain addling your English spelling? I think you mean cause....

It has something to do with the red pigement but I can't remember what it is, sorry. Anyway, can you imagine a company admitting their product isn't perfect or NOT producing one of the most popular colours? Me no thinking so!!! ;p

BTW, not so jealous of you being in Spain as we have sun, sun, sun here in La Belle France!!!

freckles22uk

www.foxykeepsakes.co.uk
Is Spain addling your English spelling? I think you mean cause....

It has something to do with the red pigement but I can't remember what it is, sorry. Anyway, can you imagine a company admitting their product isn't perfect or NOT producing one of the most popular colours? Me no thinking so!!! ;p

BTW, not so jealous of you being in Spain as we have sun, sun, sun here in La Belle France!!!

waht do yuo maen aoubt my seplling................... hahaha... blonde moment, must be the sun ;-)

To be honest I dont think they will do anything, but I think we should complain more if we are not happy, more so when we have spent a small fortune, 1500 was a lot of money to me then, well it still is..

Glad you have sun there, its finally decided to arrive here too, after a month of rain and cloud..

Lark

Visit site
yes, mine faded really badly, but i didn't mind that so much, what was very annoying is that the integral cups on the multi-cup uprights snap off in winter when the plastic gets brittle, if a horse hits the pole the cup it's sitting on just snaps off. gggrrrr. considering the cost of them, i wasn't happy, and the company didn't want to know... great customer service, i hadn't had them long.
so, never again... i defected to Jump4Joy and can't fault them.

Oh Lord I have just put an order in for the full training set with the integral cups!

FlashHarry

Visit site
I think it's something to do with red pigments in general - red T shirts fade on the washing line & kids felt pen drawings red bits always fade the worst. On the plus side, baked bean stains on white T shirts can be bleached clean in the sun (I'm a domestic godess!)

ponyqueen

Visit site
Yep, red ones are rubbish! Our blocks went completely white almost immediately, and the poles faded a bit. I did contact Polyjumps about the wings. I would have liked them to replace them or offer more at a discount as a goodwill gesture, but no joy. The person I needed to speak to was never there apparently. In the end I just gave up and decided not to buy any more. In fact one of them has just boken as well - I'll replace with something else...

lea840

Visit site
Red is the hardest colour to 'Keep its colour' when outside in the elements... It's the same as red cars... they always fade to a milky pinky colour too!! can you not use a plastic primer and then spray them???