ponies...

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
:rolleyes3:

So, Frank is 25 and has a few things going on, there was a noticeable deterioration in his soundness when I went home to zumerset on the bank holiday weekend from when I had last seen him (got caught up in a house move), so he had some bute but we weren't convinced how much that helped so opted for vet's opinion and give him a once over. So I arranged to travel back to meet the vet on Monday which brought good and bad news but mostly to keep the status quo for the time being.

Tonight I get a phone call starting 'I don't want to worry you', then taking forever to get to the point :p he has a fat front leg, he doesn't really get fat legs, in 13 years he's had one that was infected but it doesn't sound too typical for that.

We shall have another phonecall in the morning.

I do love him, I think sometimes Mum doesn't love him quite so much, as he's either being naughty, or quiet and worrying!

ester

Visit site
can you pop down and have a word? promise him a ginger girlfriend instead of the blonde one or something?!

I think I might cancel all weekend plans for the forseeable at this rate!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I'd be more inclined to kick him in the shins :D damn old horses getting up to no good! I'm sooo relieved not having to stress about Millie now, I usually see her on weekends and OH does the weekdays so I am insulated from her antics :eek:

Big orange seems to have a splint anyway :rolleyes3: little orange would probably kick him :D

ester

Visit site
well if you could kick him in the right shin that might even him up at least?

Cally has always been best described as a cock tease :eek3:, he did quite enjoy living with boys again in wilts!

crabbymare

Visit site
Its all your fault for letting him see the vet, it put ideas into his head about having them back on a regular basis so he thought a fat leg would be a good thing to start with :D

ester

Visit site
This was my working theory but he doesn't like the vet, he eyed him with the same welsh suspicion as he did when he first met him at his vetting 13 years ago! He's generally very zen for a welsh, just not where vets and dentists are concerned still apparently however creaky you are feeling!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I'd be more inclined to kick him in the shins :D damn old horses getting up to no good! I'm sooo relieved not having to stress about Millie now, I usually see her on weekends and OH does the weekdays so I am insulated from her antics :eek:

Big orange seems to have a splint anyway :rolleyes3: little orange would probably kick him :D

ooh one of mine has a flipping splint as well its huge as well no lameness but it means no showing parties this summer so his doing some dressage with my instructor instead.

is it the baby horse with the splint?

ester

Visit site
Mostly I decided that me trying to diagnose via phone description is inherently flawed ;) and as mum says costs as much for a vet visit as for the fuel for me to get back!

ester

Visit site
Conclusion that we think he's whacked it as swelling was quite one sided by this afternoon, I don't think in 13 years he has ever managed to whack a leg and made it come up and he isn't getting out of wander speed in the field at the moment. So if he has he either tripped over his own foot, or did it rolling.

I think he just wants to stay on more drugs :p.

As Mondays conclusion was to try him off the bute, by Thursday mum had him back on it, and now he's on two :D.

pippixox

Visit site
honestly, I go away once a year, normally in the UK, often for less than a week- always at least one of my 3 does something in that time!

in one week this year (when I was luckily not away!) my mare developed sweet itch and rubbed her tail raw, pony suddenly burnt socks (now been diagnosed with liver damage) and then my old boy got mystery cellulitis in one back leg- which he has never had before- I think old boy felt left out!!!

my old boy also cut his leg open nearly 3 years ago- never found what on, in time for box rest on my hen do away weekend and then got infected and had vet out on wedding day!!!

ester

Visit site
lol pippi, it is a runing joke that if ever my sister (who is competent but has less to do with them generally) is left in charge/parents go on holiday you could guarantee something would happen enough that she wouldn't know what to do! (Always Mum's mare though!)

At least at this point its my fault we're permanently separated (I live in cambs and him in somerset) so anything he does do I'm not likely to be there.... just still like to be involved in what we are deciding for him. :)