Pony and her new mini person

DizzyDoughnut

Visit site
After 4 years of not having her own small person today she met someone who just scrapes in as being small enough to ride her.

Given that my preparation for this was to last night root out her saddle, put it on and take her for a walk in pouring rain and then lean on her for a while to remind her what weight felt like. She behaved amazingly, stood like a rock while mini person got on and stirrups were adjusted then looked rather shocked when asked to walk on, and gave a look of.... errr mum you do realise you've left a person up there, are you sure you ment to do that.

Mini person was also great, shes only sat on a pony once before and did brilliantly today, gave her a nice brush, generally loved her and then led her back down the road to her field. She's hopefully coming back again next week so her dad can come with her :D:D

anyway here is some pics of them looking cute

1011409_10201570079194916_746725583_n.jpg

998323_10201570080354945_2008960630_n.jpg

Please excuse the rope on the floor and reins attached to the headcollar but she's never had mini person thats been over the age of 4 before, so never bothered with a bridle

indie999

Visit site
What nice pictures of a mini and a mini. Hope the friendship is long as they look very good together.

Has the pony not been ridden for 4 years? I think thats what you mean?

If so sounds probably suprised but clearly not forgotten!?! Good luck very sweet.

shellonabeach

Visit site
Aww what an angel, bet she is loving all the attention :)

I have a small pony and she gets ridden a couple of times a year by a visiting mini person. She can go years without being ridden just pop the saddle on and away she plods! Must be a small mare thing!

DizzyDoughnut

Visit site
Yes, not been sat on or worn a saddle in 4 years, and after she realised mini person was staying on she happily wandered off for a little hack down road as if shes been doing it everyday.
She is the most laid back pony you could come across absolutely nothing fazes her, she will happily follow anyone around, although i think she likes mini people best because they normally come armed with food and if no ones watching she can walk them gradually to the nearest patch of grass :D

SNORKEY

Visit site
Lovely, may I ask how old the child is and how big the pony is. We are looking to get our little girl a Shetland or tiny pony soon and I'd like to know when she's likely to get too big or grow out of it!

DizzyDoughnut

Visit site
Mini pony is about 32 inches and mini person is 10. Her previous tiny people have been between the ages of 2 and 5 and they look the right size on her, although she was quite happy today and mini person didn't look that much to tall for her, her feet didn't come past her belly.
I know shetlands sometimes don't have a good reputation but i really can't recommend them enough, they are awesome little ponies. Although I do have to watch the fencing because she can just stroll under some fencing but also has easily jumped 3ft in the past so could go over low fences, and will jump out over sheep hurdles if the mood takes her, but once shes escaped, she will just charge up to you and stop at your feet to be caught again :rolleyes: