pony at hartpury.

moodymare123

Visit site
I love my 13.1 13yr old connie and can't bear to sell him! Fab at jumping, and good at dressage, and is very hard to ride taking of with people he doesn't know as a very 1 to 1 pony.
Thing is I am going to hartpury in 2 years and just hate the thought of having to get rid of him and has decided to keep him for then.
Do you think it would be abit ridiculous to keep him then how small and 'old' he will be? What do you guys think?
Sorry if post was cut short.

annaellie

Visit site
I dont see why not, are you looking at keeping him at hartpury on diy or working livery? I took my mare with me to hartpury she done a term diy and a few weeks working liv pm me if you want any info but it was 14-15 years ago I was there. :-(

Bryndu

Visit site
I love my 13.1 13yr old connie and can't bear to sell him! Fab at jumping, and good at dressage, and is very hard to ride taking of with people he doesn't know as a very 1 to 1 pony.
Thing is I am going to hartpury in 2 years and just hate the thought of having to get rid of him and has decided to keep him for then.
Do you think it would be abit ridiculous to keep him then how small and 'old' he will be? What do you guys think?
Sorry if post was cut short.

Take him...at least you will have something decent ride! I AM JOKING ;)

Bryndu

Firewell

Visit site
Take him! I took my horse to Hartpury, he was a 18/19yrs old at the time. It was brilliant! I kept him on the DIY yard which was great. If anything it was nice having an older schoolmaster to have fun on, I could go for crazy hacks with my friends and take part in the competitions there without worrying like I would with a young horse :). There was lots of ponies, my best friend had her 14.2hh there. :)

Flummoxed

Visit site
I have just read this thread. As a local, I can confirm that there are indeed ponies of all sizes at Hartpury - it's definitely not full of 17hh competition horses!

And 15 is not old!! Take your pony and make the most of your time there.

Captain Bridget

Visit site
I was at Hartpury a few years ago, quite a lot of the horses were 'older' including one who was at least 27 and still being ridden!

I'd take him. Even if you just have him on DIY, you might be able to ride him in some of your lessons. There was a great variety of horses on working livery too, when I did yard duties I was in the 'pony' barn, so there's plenty of smaller horses there. From what I found they got a lot of loving because they were small and cute! And having something that is talented but tricky is great for students to learn on.