Pony Club Championships this week - roll call

Rosiefan

Visit site
I'm sure everyone knows this already (I've made enough fuss about it :eek:) - Rosie will be there on PG for the Open Team SJ with Shingle Hall May, aka PG, and on Frodo for the Open Team Eventing. Think they are going up Saturday and coming back Monday.
Good luck to all who are going but most of all - HAVE FUN :D

Mickeymoo

Visit site
We are going to watch Sunday. We are taking husbands little granddaughter. She's 4 years old, half Thai, with lovely black hair and will probably be kitted out in pink from head to toe. So if you spot us say hi.

Good luck too. xx

only_me

Visit site
will be there from thursday to sunday afternoon, however will not be on site on friday due to other pursuits far more important than horses :p

DuckToller

Visit site
Will be taking daughter up on Saturday to stay overnight and be ready for the open team sj on Sunday. If anyone else is staying sat night let us know - we can share a glass of wine perhaps!

measles

Visit site
Will be taking daughter up on Saturday to stay overnight and be ready for the open team sj on Sunday. If anyone else is staying sat night let us know - we can share a glass of wine perhaps!

We'll be there. A few of us are meeting up so drop me a pm with your details if you want to join us getting to know each other! Ditto anyone else.

Which branch are you and will look out for you in teams on Sunday?

TheoryX1

Visit site
Well good luck to all of you going. Mini TX just missed out qualfying at Open dressage, but we do have two individuals going to uphold our branches honour.

EventingMum

Visit site
I’m there as a trainer – heading down on Friday for the Open Individual SJ on Saturday, then Intermediate Dressage Team on Sunday. Unfortunately I’m not able to stay down for our Intermediate Event team as I can’t leave yard and elderly father too long (especially with Blair coming up :D) but fortunately our Assistant DC is visiting family nearby and will look after them but I’m gutted as they’re a great bunch of kids. The logistics of getting everyone there and back are quite something – some of the Dressage team and Event team are then going onto Hartpury for the Tetrathlon Champs so will be away more than a week while others are just there for one discipline so there’s lots of complicated lorry swapping going on – just hope we don’t forget anyone!

snowcrew

Visit site
Will be going up for the Open Team SJ for the Sunday - my daughter riding with Llewellyn's daughter in same East Herts Hunt team. We will be there having a glass of wine together but we have opted to stay on a farm B&B 15 minutes away as stabling was so expensive on site and dont have a lorry to sleep 4! Going to come and watch the Open Individual SJ on the Saturday.

I did not realise that individuals can jump on the saturday in the individual competition and then in the Teams the next day. Presume the course is just changed?

Hope to meet up with any of you that are there x

Dolly.

Visit site
I'm not looking forward to the journey but can't wait to jump :D Will be in the Open teams on Sunday, I just hope that the horses won't be too tired from all the driving and the ferry over :)

Actually, does anyone know whether it's on sand or grass? No one on my team really knows what to expect!

Last edited:

measles

Visit site
I’m there as a trainer – heading down on Friday for the Open Individual SJ on Saturday, then Intermediate Dressage Team on Sunday. Unfortunately I’m not able to stay down for our Intermediate Event team as I can’t leave yard and elderly father too long (especially with Blair coming up :D) but fortunately our Assistant DC is visiting family nearby and will look after them but I’m gutted as they’re a great bunch of kids. The logistics of getting everyone there and back are quite something – some of the Dressage team and Event team are then going onto Hartpury for the Tetrathlon Champs so will be away more than a week while others are just there for one discipline so there’s lots of complicated lorry swapping going on – just hope we don’t forget anyone!

Busy week for your branch! We'll look out for your individual and hope for placings of similar coloured rosettes as there were at area, in one order or another :)

TableDancer

Visit site
Travelling up Sat - going to give the Open Ind SJ a miss to save the pony, doing Team SJ Sunday and Open Eventing Monday :) Bellapuff is going too, also Golden Match...

I'm hoping to go on Monday to watch and cheer on any HHOers or their offspring :D

Yaaaayyy :D :D Will be very very good to see you :) :) I might even give you a few tips ;) :D

EventingMum

Visit site
Busy week for your branch! We'll look out for your individual and hope for placings of similar coloured rosettes as there were at area, in one order or another :)

Yes, a busy week indeed! Our poor DC s driving down on Friday, leaving her lorry at Draycott and coming back home on Sunday after the dressage then she’s catching a train to Hartpury to be reunited with her lorry which will have been driven there by a parent and driving it home again – definitely above and beyond the call of duty!

Similar placings would be great but not going with any great expectations – a positive experience is the main priority though I’m sure your son is well in the runnng. Our branch hasn’t had many open riders recently so to get to the champs is great. My son’s friend won the Open Ind SJ a few years ago and our Open Eventers used to qualify regularly but those members are too old now and as yet the gaps haven’t been filled.

photo_jo

Visit site
Travelling up Sat - going to give the Open Ind SJ a miss to save the pony, doing Team SJ Sunday and Open Eventing Monday :) Bellapuff is going too, also Golden Match...

Yaaaayyy :D :D Will be very very good to see you :) :) I might even give you a few tips ;) :D

I will bring a cd from Brand

saz5083

Visit site
My old lad qualified for the int dressage with his loaner but they have decided its too far and too expensive to go :( Shame Iv got the coloured entered for Hendersyde this weekend or I would have offered to be chief driver and groom (and covered diesel!). He went many years ago (SJ, dont think dressage was high on my list of priorities at that age ;) That came later!) when I was a teeny bopper so would have been a nice experience for them.

Good luck to all going!

NR99

Visit site
I know most of you already know but I'll be at the tet champs if anyone is going?!

Good luck to all those who are competing :)

We'll see you at Hartpbury, R is in Intermediate I think you were too? :)

Good luck everyone going to Champs this weekend, be lucky and have fun - looking forward to many reports! :D

NR99

Visit site
Good luck to R at the Tets x

Thank you, she is in training and for the Three Peaks Challenge that she is doing in Sept for charity (24 hours to climb three mountains, not my daughter ;))

Can you whizz me your email again hun so I can do that piece whilst I am near a computer and thinking about it :D

TableDancer

Visit site
Think we may be able to beat eventingmum's branch record - we have the following going: Two individuals Open SJ (plus T who qualified but isn't doing it); Open SJ team; Open Eventing Team; Intermediate SJ team; Intermediate Eventing team; Intermediate Dressage team; Junior H&P Care team; Senior H&P Care team - think that's it, although last year we also had a Junior Mounted Games team although they came last :D

To be honest, our Area isn't great for being competitive and the Open Teams qualified by default - having said that, they finished on zero in the SJ and under 105 eventing so you could argue they would have been competitive in far bigger Areas. We had a good haul at the Champs last year with individuals placed Open Eventing, Int Dressage (2), and Int Eventing (2), as well as both Int dressage and Int Eventing teams placed so we don't do badly for a little Welsh branch even if we do get a slightly easy passage to the Champs ;) :)

EventingMum I take my hat off to you in your coaching role I have to admit to staying well out of it other than those individuals who line my pockets on a regular basis :D We don't have team coaches but everyone seems to muddle along ok - our poor DC fields general traumas etc and I don't envy her :eek: :D

only_me

Visit site
Think we may be able to beat eventingmum's branch record - we have the following going: Two individuals Open SJ (plus T who qualified but isn't doing it); Open SJ team; Open Eventing Team; Intermediate SJ team; Intermediate Eventing team; Intermediate Dressage team; Junior H&P Care team; Senior H&P Care team - think that's it, although last year we also had a Junior Mounted Games team although they came last :D

To be honest, our Area isn't great for being competitive and the Open Teams qualified by default - having said that, they finished on zero in the SJ and under 105 eventing so you could argue they would have been competitive in far bigger Areas. We had a good haul at the Champs last year with individuals placed Open Eventing, Int Dressage (2), and Int Eventing (2), as well as both Int dressage and Int Eventing teams placed so we don't do badly for a little Welsh branch even if we do get a slightly easy passage to the Champs ;) :)

EventingMum I take my hat off to you in your coaching role I have to admit to staying well out of it other than those individuals who line my pockets on a regular basis :D We don't have team coaches but everyone seems to muddle along ok - our poor DC fields general traumas etc and I don't envy her :eek: :D

Sorry TD, my branch can beat that ;) :p
But then, we are the 3rd biggest branch :p

EventingMum

Visit site

I’m sure many branches can beat our record! From my own observations things seem to go in cycles – at present our branch seems to have a lot of younger members who are years away from competing in area competitions. A few years ago places in the Open teams were hard fought for and we even won the Open Event and Open Individual SJ whereas now we can’t even raise an Open team in any discipline. Hopefully in years to come some of the younger members will progress to compete at Open level. One thing I am very proud of is the progress of our current Intermediate riders – they aren’t the strongest team in terms of horsepower and some are definitely competing at the limit of their ability – however they epitomise the spirit of Pony Club and are all true team players - polite, supportive and smile whatever happens.

As far as the coaching is concerned it’s something I enjoy doing – we have different coaches for each disciplines for the Junior and Novice teams as there are many more riders at that level so I’m only involved with Int and Open which I much prefer. My son is now too old for teams but got so much out of it in the past it’s good for us to put something back in (he helps me on occasions and also did some xc course walking too). I also think it’s easier if coaches don’t for have their own offspring involved so now is a good time for me to be involved.

Like yours our DC is the real unsung hero, quietly working away and always supporting the members – she values them all equally from the tiny lead reins to the seniors and I take my hat off to her :)