Pony Club sj championships at Smallwood, Cheshire

archoak

Visit site
We have qualified for this next weekend and wondered if anyone had been before. We have been told the stabling may be away from the showground - anyone any experience of this?

Shrimp

Visit site
Smallwood is quite a large equestrian set up with 2/3 large arenas and a xc course. I think the stabling on the yard is for liveries only so yes, you may be stabled away from the showground though I'm not sure where that would be unless they build temory stables. I've never been there when the champs have been on but I have been there several times for other events and it is a good venue Our branch qualified for the SJ champs aswell this year for the first time in years and good luck to you!

archoak

Visit site
Thanks and to your branch
smile.gif

FlipFlop5

Visit site
good luck, ive heard that there is Temporarily stabling as we've qualified for the eventing. Apparently the showjumping arena has a big dip in the middle nad there is normally a fence down there
confused.gif
XcharX

Shrimp

Visit site
The showjumping arena which they use for the events is only on a slight slope with no big dip unless they're having the showjumping somewhere else.
On the XC course there is a large did called the quarry which has several jumps going in and out of it and jumps in the dip its self. That might be what they're talking about.

here is the xc course they used last year in their website so it will probably be quite similar and it will give you an idea.
http://www.smallwoodliverycentre.co.uk/Example%20Course.htm

lil_northener

www.freewebs.com
I very much doubt there will be temporary stabling there so you need to find some yards near by that you could hire.

Showjumping is nice enough, not sure what the ground will be like though

XC is also nice, teh quarry is really good i think and the water! quite a few gallops if i remember!

Good luck I may be there when it's on!

archoak

Visit site
Just found out from organisers (Cheshire Hunt) that there is temporary stabling and we have been sent passes for the lorry park and showground so getting quite excited now
grin.gif
We get our times on Monday. We have been told about the sj dip as well.