pony club

pixiebee

Visit site
what kind of activities do they do. what does the average 8 yr old pony clubber expect to do ie jumping etc etc i ask because i have seen an ad in my local area looking for a pony which sounds just like mine, they would like to take him to pony club activities-what sort of things would my pony do??

Patchwork

Visit site
Going by my Pony Club:

Group rallies in the field during summer and in various indoor/outdoor arenas during winter every couple of weeks, including flatwork, popping over tiny jumps and mounted games.

'Treasure hunts,' Christmas rides, etc. - hacking slowly in a big group around a nearby wood.

The odd little Pony Club show, generally entering everything from fancy dress to mini showjumping!

Mini-camp - 2/3 days, staying off-site.

Hope this gives you some kind of an idea!
smile.gif

hairycob

Visit site
My son has only just joined Pony Club, but from the calendar it looks like you can have a go at most things. A well behaved all rounder is what I think most people are looking for. Some kids are very competitive & will want to represent their branch at comps.

K9Wendy

Visit site
FUN FUN FUN 8yr olds have a ball at PC. Those little ponies are having a ball too. Can't think of a better life for a little pony than a good pony club home. As stated, mostly rallys, camps, shows, games, flatwork etc. The little guys just love it!!!

TGM

Visit site
I think the main criteria for a PC pony at that level is that it is fine working in group situations. Ponies that get totally over-excited in company, nap to the others or try to kick everything in sight aren't much fun to take to a PC rally!