Pony Portraits

unbalanced

Visit site
I really want to get YO's stallion's portrait done for her as a Christmas present. Has anyone got any recommendations of where to go/where to avoid? I have borrowed a simply stunning photo of his head just after he won his class at Ponies UK last summer which was her dream come true. Since then she has had a pretty grim time of it and she has been really ill so I want to get her a gorgeous Christmas present to cheer her up. The other livery and I are going halves on it.
I called the photographer who took the picture and he warned me that some of the sites doing portraits just use software to make the portrait rather than having an actual person paint it so I would rather have a recommendation of something good if possible - any thoughts guys? Thank you in advance :)

unbalanced

Visit site
Thank you I will have a look into it. If it is going to take too long I can always get her a card with a voucher or something for it and it comes when it comes seeing as we only had the idea today! Thanks guys :)

MrSpam

Visit site
Susan Robertson - Animal Portrait Artist

Really beautiful pictures. Look at her page on facebook for examples of her work.

StormyMoments

Visit site
my mum is almost finished one of Rio i think it looks good :) but she doesnt do anything very often anymore :( this is her first drawing in over a year which she is sending to his old owner :) sorry its so big the drawing is a2 :eek:

riodrawing.jpg

unbalanced

Visit site
Thank you so much guys. I am going to show this thread to the other girl that is getting the picture with me so we can decide together what will best fit the photo we have. Thank you for all the awesome ideas and beautiful pictures to look at :) Gosh I really want to get my pony's portrait done as well now and I really can't afford it...

Kat

Visit site
My husband does them, but you are too late for Christmas delivery, he's mega busy. He could do a voucher then produce the picture in the new year.