Pony potential - showing - Dun welsh section A

lj0429

Visit site
Me my little project pony.

He is 8, registered Welsh, has been broken to ride and shown inhand as a youngster. He has been out of work for sometime due to previous owners circumstances.

Showing people - what classes do you think my little project pony is a best suited type for LR - SHP or M&M? (Huge mane on other side) Is he a candidate for coloured classes?

I would like to aim to get him to a few shows and turn him out as best suited, so welcome the view of others that show...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190709-223220_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190709-223220_Gallery.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 121

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
As he is registered Welsh, either ridden or in-hand M&Ms. Depending on his behaviour he could probably be either LR or !st Ridden. Definitely not coloured, he isn't patcheds. He is rather pretty.

windand rain

Visit site
It depends on how quiet he iis M&M lead rein, first ridden, open pony, cradle stakes if he jumps. Odd coloured rather than a coloured class and by the way he isnt dun he is buckskin Matching pair to mineRowan Im not scared.jpg

lj0429

Visit site
Thanks guys. He has a stripe that runs down him which I believe is known as a dorsal stripe.

I’m really enjoying to get to know him and so far he has been willing and well behaved of all asked if him - fingers crossed this continues!

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
The dorsal stripe can be present without dun. He's buckskin. As a registered native there are lots of classes he is eligible for as windandrain says.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Boys! :D

Mine can be a twit too. I've never seen a horse prance about and show off as much as when a neighbour bought her gelding over and mine was pretty much saying to the girls 'don't look at him, look at meeeeeeeee, I'm the best, most handsome *cough* and masculine *double cough* horse ever!!!!!' through interpretive dance. It was pretty funny. :)