Pony PTS this morning

Tern

Visit site
My little man Cartoon went this morning. He died of colic after being under the weather for a while. His heart rate was at 94 instead of 40 and vet gave him so medicine to try and see if it would help him a bit but he has a fit before she had time to go get injection to put him to sleep. :( She said she had never seen anything like it before and that no horse had ever fitted on that drug in her time of being a vet. I wish he went pain-free but the vet said he had been ill for a while yet is such a strong little pony that he didn't show it. Cartoon died at the young ripe age of 28. RIP, love you little man. :(

Bernster

Visit site
:-(

So sorry for you, I'm sure you did all you could. Colic is such a horrid ailment. RIP little Cartoon and I hope you can move on in time and just remember the good times you had.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
My little man Cartoon went this morning. He died of colic after being under the weather for a while. His heart rate was at 94 instead of 40 and vet gave him so medicine to try and see if it would help him a bit but he has a fit before she had time to go get injection to put him to sleep. :( She said she had never seen anything like it before and that no horse had ever fitted on that drug in her time of being a vet. I wish he went pain-free but the vet said he had been ill for a while yet is such a strong little pony that he didn't show it. Cartoon died at the young ripe age of 28. RIP, love you little man. :(
So sorry to hear about your little man- I lost one to colic I know the feeling well. Rip little one.:(

Tern

Visit site
Thanks all, we have taken a lot of tail off as we had him on loan so giving some to owner and owner's daughter when we take tack back. :( On their request he is going to the kennels tonight / tomorrow morning, and to top it all off his friend is now hopping lame after being left to grieve on her own (next to others) with him in view. :(

I guess it's just one of those things.. I am just so upset that he had to go that way. I knew he wasn't right yesterday but thought it was maybe the cold making him a bit down.. Sometimes we should go with our gut instinct as Fern (his friend) knew something wasn't right and was pushing him towards hay yesterday.. :(