Pony spooked for the first time, yippee!

Littlelegs

Visit site
I know it doesn't sound that exciting, but I'm really pleased. Pony had an unpleasant start to life & as a result is fear aggressive. It's very rare for her to display it these days, she's learnt there's little she needs fear, everyday situations she's fine with, & even unusual ones she's happy to follow the lead of whoever is around that she trusts, be it human or horse. But, when she meets something she is unsure of, instead of being prepared for flight before realising its ok, her natural reaction is to prepare for a fight. Like I say, rare to see it these days, last time was a chainsaw starting up behind a high wall just as she got level. To which she prepared to go & attack, before realising nobody else was bothered & calmly carried on. So, she is normal to all intents & purposes, but doesn't possess the natural reaction of flight. But, this morning daughter had made a small snowman, complete with old riding hat, & pony actually snorted, & jumped sideways, & had her back end under her ready for flight, just like a normal pony. It's taken over 4 years but finally found she does have a flight instinct. And then because daughter ignored her little spook, she walked over & ate the snowmans nose.

Littlelegs

Visit site
I know it sounds weird, & like I said these days she's a happy normal pony. But I've always been aware that if she was given the right triggers, the fear aggression would appear again. Whereas now there's hope that she won't always have the potential to revert.