poo-picking...quite relaxing? or hellish chore?

abracadabra

Visit site
i actually find poo-picking quite relaxing and am quite happy dragging my muck sack up and down, also i love to see clean and tidy pasture...anyone else actually like poo-picking or am i a mental?
smile.gif

Coffee_Bean

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Can't say I love it, but our paddocks are done every day and we whizzed round 8 acres in about 20-30 mins (there were 3 of us haha). Its ok in company, just chatting as you wander round, chasing the sheep off when they chase the small kids
tongue.gif

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
I hate the thought of doing it, but actually doing it I find quite relaxing and satisfying. (yes I AM still talking about poo-picking).

It's a bit like ironing, but outdoors.

Damnation

Visit site
I hate it with a passion. Thankfully at my yard we don't poo pick, the fields are harrowed.
However I went away and did a weeks job trial at a yard and I HATED the yard so any chance I got to poo pick I would do it because I just wanted to get off the yard!
grin.gif

Tnavas

Visit site
I hate it with a passion too! I love seeing my paddocks clean though! I have six horses and ponies - A Clydesdale who poos muck heaps and a minature that poos like it's going out of fashion.!

So I now pay a local lady to come round with her machine to collect it all up. The machine also removes dead grass and the paddocks look great after. I've certainly noticed that the weeds are reduced and that the horses actually eat more of the grass and the poo areas are smaller.

abracadabra

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

It's a bit like ironing, but outdoors.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY!!

i dont think its a bad way to spend my time, mayflower
smile.gif
i only have so much grazing so want to keep it sweet, all the horses will be living out year round now. so no stables to muck out, bonus!

plus i still manage to exercise 3-4 gees as well

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
Its ok as long as you keep on top of it - I try to do mine everyday - usually after I have delivered food. My mare is on restricited grazing so I feel its important to keep hers clean and if I do my boys it is about a barrow load a day. Has also contributed to my mare having a zero worm count for the last 6 years - am hoping when my boy is tested (only been here 7 months now) he will be on zero too. Also means that as I mooch around their paddocks I can check fencing etc

Sorry if I sound smug!!
blush.gif
blush.gif

abracadabra

Visit site
smug away
smile.gif

i do mine daily too, i find it does keep the paddocks from being taken over by rank grasses as tnavas says

its also nice together time for me and the horses (where im not asking them to DO anything), since they all trail round after me

ForeverBroke_

Visit site
Its okay depending on the weather
tongue.gif

My idea of hell was once soaking wet fields, vertical rain / wind and tipping a full wheelbarrow not once, but twice. :|

competitiondiva

Visit site
relaxing in good weather!! and not tied by time! But hellish in bad weather!! Right now though I have a mare and foal out so poo picking gives me more time to play!!!!!

Cobbysmum

Visit site
I sorted out the little paddock for my two laminitics this morning, ragworted, poo picked all in the sunshine, not the best jobs in the world but very satisfying. Have tried asked the neds to do it while I'm at work but it's not sunk in yet

Fiona_C

Visit site
I actually find it relaxing too but get cross when the pony insists on helping and pushing the wheelbarrow over.
wink.gif

Also have a new horse in my paddock that chased my 2 daughters yesterday, so that adds extra complications!
frown.gif

f_s_

Visit site
Do mine every day and I really don't mind it! Gives you time to think and talk to the neddies!!
grin.gif

Wish my mini wouldn't do those raisins though!!! Bl**dy h*ll of a job keeping them on the fork!!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

f_s_

Visit site
I have six horses to pick for, and 16 acres, would wear out quite a few pairs of marigolds!!!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

LadyRascasse

Visit site
my oh does my poo picking as he likes it, but if her doesn't then i don't mind doing it, it just has to be done simples