Poo Picking Scoop - anyone know a good brand that won't break?

HappyNeds

Visit site
Hi, I am an OCD-daily poo-picker, but my muck scoop is made of a brittle plastic, and has broken again. I would say it's lasted about a year, which doesn't seem long enough to me.

At a field I used to be at, someone had a brilliant one made of a black rubber-type plastic, quite thick, and she had it for years. Mine is about to peg out any day now, and I was wondering if anyone had one of these non-brittle poo scoops, and knew what brand it was, or where I could get one from?

Thank you

PennyJ

Visit site
I'm baffled, I break the rakes, well rather they wear out, but I've never managed to kill the scoop, mine are at least 5 years old now. Perhaps you were unlucky and have one from a bad batch?

Tnavas

Visit site
Rubber Gloves and a dustpan! The best and longest surviving equipment.

My riding school helpers had them along with an ovel shaped laundry basket with a pair of old reins attached, easy to drag behind you as you pick up.

They would clean up after 32 horses every weekend in a couple of hours. Dustpans lasted a good time too - made by 'Raven'.

Currently I have a super sized green dustpan

Sarah1

Visit site
I have an equine speedskip and it's fab. :)
It does get some hammer and it's been brilliant and it doesn't hurt your back as I sometimes find with the shorter/stubbs scoops.

HappyNeds

Visit site
Thank you everyone, it must be just me then! I've looked at the speedi skip webiste, and although the scoop looks brilliant, the fork looks really short. Does it not make your back hurt when doing poo picking if you have to bend down so much each time?

Enfys

Visit site
I've been using mine for about 20 years, hasn't worn out yet!

It is called 'A Hand wearing A Glove' ;):D

It works best in conjunction with 'A Muck Bucket' ;););)

Happy Hunter

Visit site
the best way of making it last longer is to keep it out of the frosts.
Just inside a tack room or a good barn - the constant freeze and defrost weakens the plastic.

Either that or a shavings fork! :)