Poo picking

can you bend like this girl/

• Total voters

sojeph

Visit site
In my paddock at home I poo pick everyday out of choice as I have a bad back and its easier to do a barrow at a time rather than lots!. In my paddock at my friends I poo pick once a week out of choice as I have use of the Gator which means I can do it in one go. In my field at my friends place I don't poo pick as its huge and they harrow for me. In winter all mine are together in the big field so I don't have to do any at all!

Theresa_F

Visit site
I hate poo covered fields and in the summer poo pick every other day during the week and both days at the weekend. If I am away I pay the kids £2 a barrow to do it for me.

In the winter I only do weekends.

I find it a nice job on a warm summer evening, pottering around the field with the boys following me.

No so nice on a cold wet day - but thats why we have wellies and rain coats.

Skhosu

Visit site
I don't poo pick. It takes a good hour or so and I don't have time. That's doing it every day. (We have fairly large fields) Doing it at the weekend would take a good afternoon and again, no time.
Ours don't seem to suffer, the fields are looking good and are rotated regularly. Horses are wormed regularly and am about to get some egg counts done, so will be interested to see what they say.
BUT in the winter we shall poo pick our small paddock (bout the size of a dressage arena) where ours go out during the day, otherwise it is just too dirty

Tia

Visit site
I harrow; haven't poo-picked in years.....suits my boarders too!
laugh.gif

S_N

Visit site
When they were on their own at the new place I did it almost daily. However, now they have company, it will be harrowed.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
There are 3 horses in our paddock & we rotate the poo picking between owners. It gets done every day by one or other of us. Leaving it till the weekend means you have so much more to barrow out. During the winter though the majority has to be done at weekends due to loss of light by 4.00pm.

Helga1980

Visit site
No need to. Horse's rotate between 2 'summer' fields and 2 'winter' fields. YO's OH harrow's when the horses move off a field.