Pooing alot.......

Parkranger

Visit site
Just wondered if anyone anyone had come across this? I noticed on Saturday that he pooed about 3 times during my lesson (before I upped his feed on Sunday) and today he pooed 4 times during an hours ride and the last one was very runny. His stable was a state also.....any ideas as to what it could be?

thanks guys.....

Mellymoo1

Visit site
My horse is a sh*t making machine!! I swear he does about 20 in his stable overnight!!

Have you changed his feed at all, apart from upping the amount? Even if you change brands of feed it can make a difference...

Oaksflight

Visit site
Been pigging out has he!
wink.gif
tongue.gif
I wouldn't worry, he'll probably be fine in a few days. Echoing the change in his feed?

parsley

Visit site
Bomber can do up to 7 poos in one hack (elephant sized ones) and some are a bit like cow pats. Digestion wise he is fine though! I like it when he poos on a hack - each time he does it I think that its one less for me to pick up
grin.gif

ruscara

Visit site
I echo Peg. We have lots of new green shoots of grass in our field, and that would certainly account for the pooing and excess high spirits! So don't worry, but cut his hard feed back again and I am sure you will find he will be back to his usual self. Just keep an eye on the grazing!
smile.gif

vicm2509

Visit site
My horse does loads too, they start off firm then get all runny and all his poos smell horrible! He does it more if hes hacking or somewhere he isnt familiar with, I put white boots on to hack to a show once and they were brown when we got there!
On an hour hack he will do about 5 (poo 5 being like water!!)

Someone on the yard suggested feeding fibre cubes and they really helped.

But it may just be the grass, it has been raining a lot and is still quite warm.