Poor Clarita

GTs

Visit site
The owner had the follow up heart check and Clarita is no longer a viable riding pony - the owner called me for my input on what is done next. I wish I could quit school and have her as a pet.

frannieuk

Visit site
Sorry to hear that GTs
frown.gif

GTs

Visit site
She had problems breathing after a game back in September - not sure all the details, a murmur of some sort and the Doc said she should not be ridden again. Second opinion agrees.

seabiscuit

Visit site
Oh no
frown.gif
my lovely Clarita!! So she can't even cope with a little toddle around a few fields even???
frown.gif
Have you told owner to get a second opinion?

GTs

Visit site
Second opinion got - I do not want her ridden as if she tumbles someone will get hurt. Also she is hot, so it is unlikely it would work out anyways.

rosita

Visit site
Poor you, poor pony,is it a graded heart murmur?(sp!) had a grade 3/4 that threw beautiful foal and seemed to come through it with out any extra problems. Good luck and i hope it all works out.

GTs

Visit site
We are speaking to the local Parelli crowd to see if they know anyone who is a novice looking for a horse for them to work from the ground - Clarita has exceptional manners, is very pretty, and will make a novice look and feel like a confident horseman/women in days.

Although it is quite a change from polo I think she would be a good real life My Little Pony and if she falls over and dies suddenly no one will get hurt!!! PERFECT!!!

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
I can't weigh you up at all!
shocked.gif

I was going to suggest your friend with contacts at the zoo, but feel there is a soft inside to the 'shoot em dead if they's no use' GTs that we know and expect.................

Poor Clarita, but maybe she'd like retirement. What about a baby Clarita?

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably wouldn't be a good idea to breed from her.

Sorry GT's that's not great news......
frown.gif

Ginn

Visit site
So sorry to hear this GTs. Big Huggles to both of you. Hopefully she will make someone a lovely "pet" pony - if you were in the UK she'd be welcome with us as my YO just wats a nice horse to keep stinker company and enjoy cuddles.

Keep us updated, hope is not lost yet...

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would not breed if the horse had a problem.

Ofcourse it is different when it is one of yours - the zoo story just cracked me up.....