Poor Peter Pumpkin - what is wrong with the youths of today?

conniegirl

Visit site
Unfortunately another pony in the area was shot with an air gun at close range on the same night as well.

I have some theories about who did it (as do most of the local villages) but i’ll get battered by the HHO woke brigade if i dare say it here.

Last edited:

Surbie

Visit site
Poor, poor pony.

Taken from FB:
Update from Lel Mayfield
Thank you so very very much to everyone who has supported us in our search for our beloved pony. We are overwhelmed by the love and support of people searching for him, sharing our posts, praying and sharing information and searching for him. We have found him but devastatingly not alive. We know that he had been taken by four ****** to an estate across the fields on the outskirts of Hull where he was last sighted. At some point he had either got away or been released. We assume that he tried to get home to his best friends but sadly could not find his way to the only small bridge across a large drain. I found him tonight whilst out searching, he had had fallen into a large tributary drain and had drowned. Our family is finding it very difficult to cope with this news. Not the way we had planned for this little one to end his 33 years. 31 of which we have owned him. My children and grandchildren are inconsolable right now. I have been inundated with messages and I'm sorry that I just don't feel able to reply to individuals tonight hence this post which is killing me to write but you all deserve to know what's happened.
So thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Many people have asked about joining forces and funding his cremation. We are deeply touched by this, but instead someone is going to set up a funding page in memory of our Peter Pumpkin and we will donate the money raised to Shetland Pony Welfare a charity close to our hearts.
So long little man. You truly were a good un. Thank you for all the happiness you brought us over so many years. Rip.

Last edited:

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Absolutely awful thing to happen - my thoughts go out to all who knew and loved this little old pony.

However, please don't tar all youths of today with the same brush. There have been bad eggs in society since time began. I am the mother of two 'youths' (18 and 24), and there is no way on earth they, or any of their friends for that matter, would do something like this.

conniegirl

Visit site
Absolutely awful thing to happen - my thoughts go out to all who knew and loved this little old pony.

However, please don't tar all youths of today with the same brush. There have been bad eggs in society since time began. I am the mother of two 'youths' (18 and 24), and there is no way on earth they, or any of their friends for that matter, would do something like this.
Its just a certain section of the youth of today not all of them.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Its just a certain section of the youth of today not all of them.

I am not sure if you are reinforcing my post or disagreeing with it, but just to clarify, I was referring to the title of this thread as Birker was making a rather sweeping generalisation..... "what is wrong with the youths of today?"

Clodagh

Visit site
Poor little pony.
I am grateful that it doesn’t seem he was cruelly treated? Without knowing the facts. Hopefully he was stolen through stupidity and then set loose when he became too hot to handle. I would prefer to think that.
A horrible, horrible end and these ‘youths’ are the pits . I hope they thought he would go home and are sorry to hear of his death.

conniegirl

Visit site
I am grateful that it doesn’t seem he was cruelly treated?
Thats unlikely unfortunately, poor poor pony.

We have all moved our ponies to fields next to the stables and have security lights everywhere. One of My Yard owners ponies was at summer grazing not very far from where the youths were last spotted with peter pumpkin and her pony was shot with an air rifle at close range on the same night. Thankfully this pony will be ok albeit with a significant vet bill.

Clodagh

Visit site

We have all moved our ponies to fields next to the stables and have security lights everywhere. One of My Yard owners ponies was at summer grazing not very far from where the youths were last spotted with peter pumpkin and her pony was shot with an air rifle at close range on the same night. Thankfully this pony will be ok albeit with a significant vet bill.

Oh. That’s so awful.

nikicb

www.facebook.com

I hope the other pony makes a full recovery - terrible thing to happen. x

WispyBegs

Visit site
I am absolutely heartbroken for this family. What a tragic ending for their much loved pony. ?

I will hug mine a little tighter today…

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Unfortunately another pony in the area was shot with an air gun at close range on the same night as well.

I have some theories about who did it (as do most of the local villages) but i’ll get battered by the HHO woke brigade if i dare say it here.

OH said straight away probably the same theory you are thinking of

Poor little pony, hopes the "youths" are charged for both theft and animal cruelty, trouble is what will give them their next "kick" throw the book at them, hopefully they can be identified

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
That's absolutely awful, poor poor pony. I can't begin to imagine how heartbroken his family must be. It really makes me sad for the human race that there are such stupid horrible people about. I hope they feel some kind of guilt for their actions, not that it helps this poor old soul.

conniegirl

Visit site
So it has just got a lot more serious. A post mortem has been done on the mare and it was not an air rifle that was used.
Police say it was a .22 rifle.
There have also been cats shot in the area and attempted dog nappingsz

Police are taking both pumpkin and rosies deaths very very seriously and have been out in the local area stopping people and warning them about what has gone on, asking everyone to be super vigilant

Hollychops

Visit site
Such a horrible ending for both ponies and owners/families, really feel for all concerned Am glad that the Police are taking it seriously