Poor Sunny!!

rascal

My youngest daughters horse Sunny had a bad day, thanks to some total IDIOT SHOOTING!! One of her uni friends came to have a ride on him. Hubby had Sunny tied up to groom him, and some **** in the next field fired a gun!! Sunny took off, trod on his rope and broke his leather headcollar. Lucky it was only his headcollar, he was very lame for a while, but that wore off. I cant repeat what hubby called the bloke, but he walked away muttering. Sunny was as good as gold to ride after his fright, and is luckily sound. We are so mad, what plonker would fire a gun so close to a horse????????????

FfionWinnie

Do you own the land he was shooting on? Without permission? Phone the police if so. However. I'd be looking at this as a gap in my horse's education and hope he continue firing the gun until my horse didn't react like that. What if a car backfires right next to him on a road and he takes off, who will your husband shout at then?

rascal

I think quite a few horses would have spooked at someone they couldn't see behind the thick hedge had suddenly fired a gun. Sunny is very good on the road, but not so good in the field. The land they were on belongs to the people in the house next to the field, but they are not the friendly type.

rascal

The horses are in Staffordshire. He was probably shooting rabbit's.
We do do lots of bombproofing with them, but sunny spent the first 10 years of his life as a field ornament. He was apparently owned by travelers, and i do not think he had a great home, from what we were told when we bought him.

Last edited: