Poor Tia found dead

Clodagh

Visit site
So sad. As a parent it is your worst nightmare. I doubt the culprit will be found too far from home.
RIP Tia.

Boxers

Visit site
I think it's a bit odd to that Tia's mother 'is in bits and so has gone away, but I don't know where to" - from Tia's grandmother.

???

paddi22

Visit site
poor girl, what a family to be born into. the grandmother has Tia's name tattoooed on her foot, yet she let her partner hurt her (not proved yet tho). Poor, poor girl.

Archiesmummy

Visit site
Found in her grandmother's house. Why has it taken a week? I thought after the Soham murders (RIP, Holly and Jessica) the lesson of investigating the last person to see the missing child was learnt. Even I thought they would have given the property a thorough search seeing as the boyfriend was the last to see her alive.

RIP Tia x

bongo-girl

Visit site
I read today that the 37 year old step grandfather had previously been in a relationship with Tia's mother...before 'moving on' as it were to his current partner. RIP little girl....goodness knows what will unfold next

3Beasties

Visit site
Found in her grandmother's house. Why has it taken a week? I thought after the Soham murders (RIP, Holly and Jessica) the lesson of investigating the last person to see the missing child was learnt. Even I thought they would have given the property a thorough search seeing as the boyfriend was the last to see her alive.

RIP Tia x

The searched her bedroom the day she went missing (standard practice) and have since searched the whole house twice (with and without dogs) so it seems that maybe her body hasn't been there the whole time :( :(

Boxers

Visit site
And on the other thread on here about this, they are saying there is rumour of a pregnancy! Not sure who? Tia's mother? She has gone awol it would seem.

And as to searching the house, they may have searched already but this time they would be taing up floorboards etc, but I would have thought trained dogs would have smelt a body the first time round.

There really are some mixed up families around, and it always seems to be the innocent who suffer.

JFTDWS

Visit site
And on the other thread on here about this, they are saying there is rumour of a pregnancy! Not sure who? Tia's mother? She has gone awol it would seem.

And as to searching the house, they may have searched already but this time they would be taing up floorboards etc, but I would have thought trained dogs would have smelt a body the first time round.

There really are some mixed up families around, and it always seems to be the innocent who suffer.

There's talk of body concealed in loft as they took a ladder in during the search / before the body was found. I would've thought they would have checked the loft and dogs would've locked on to the presence of a body too, but who knows what's gone on in there.

lazybee

Visit site
I just can't comprehend what some so called people are capable of. I hope some prison inmate justice of the worst kind is in the pipeline.

skewbaldpony

Visit site
I am not in any way an expert in this field, and have seen none of the coverage, only heard second hand, but it seems to me, it is always the person they bring forward, in their own good time, to make an appeal. After perhaps too many cold case dramas, I always imagine the profiler watching the body language and saying, yes, that's the bloke (usually a bloke)
With the result that immediately someone says, the step father/ uncle was interviewed/ gave an appeal on TV, I go cold.
Poor, poor Tia.
I would like it put on record that I object to my tax £££ being spent on keeping these lowlife safe in solitary. You did the crime, mate. In with all the armed robbers and drug dealers you should go.

dunkley

Visit site
Poor little girl never stood a chance, from the day she was born :(

Can I add, these offenders are not actually kept in solitary - ie on their own.
They are generally on a separate wing which is inhabited by all potentially 'vulnerable' prisoners. These range from 'grasses', corrupt police officers, 'normal' rapists, to paedophiles and child killers. Even among these dregs of society there is some bizarre code of 'honour' and a pecking order. The child killers and paedophiles are at the very, very bottom, and there will be retribution and rough justice meted out by those who are higher up the despicable ladder.

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site

RIP Tia x

Perhaps the body was elsewhere and brought to the house when the culprit (whoever it was) thought that the police had finished there?

Vicki_Krystal

vpequestrian.weebly.com
I begrudge paying taxes for a man like this to live out his days being fed and watered in relative comfort.
I think all murderers / Paedophiles / rapists should used in drugs and cosmetic testing in place of the innocent animals. At least that way we would get 'something' back by funding these scum.

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
Ummmm I think the comments on here need to bear in mind that noone has been charged with anything let alone had a trial yet.

Some of the comments on here could lead to a trial being stopped. I do not think that is in the interests of doing justice for young Tia.

TFC will have to pull this thread if assumptions of guilt carry on as they are I think.

Not because 'whoever' did this isnt evil scum who deserves to rot in hell but because the posts are all but naming someone, who hasnt been charged let alone tried.....

Rollin

Visit site
Ummmm I think the comments on here need to bear in mind that noone has been charged with anything let alone had a trial yet.

Some of the comments on here could lead to a trial being stopped. I do not think that is in the interests of doing justice for young Tia.

TFC will have to pull this thread if assumptions of guilt carry on as they are I think.

Not because 'whoever' did this isnt evil scum who deserves to rot in hell but because the posts are all but naming someone, who hasnt been charged let alone tried.....

You are quite right. We can of course ask why it took so long to find the body, four searches I believe.

Also I am sure many of us following the story wondered why Tia had not been seen on ANY cctv footage. That in itself was highly suspicious.

A terrible loss of another young life.

skewbaldpony

Visit site
I always think it's a bit precious to start saying comments on completely independent websites such as newspapers magazines and mumsnet will have to be closed down or they will affect the trial. Why?
It's the internet equivalent of what's said down the pub. No doubt some drongo somewhere is blaming the Eastern Europeans. None of it is worth the bandwidth it's written on and is the totally uninformed opinion of a bunch of people who have nothing whatever to do with the case. If it was that easy to derail a trial, surely we'd have every gangland mafioso in the country deftly commenting under an assumed name on 'Competition Riders' that it was him wot done it?

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
I always think it's a bit precious to start saying comments on completely independent websites such as newspapers magazines and mumsnet will have to be closed down or they will affect the trial. Why?
It's the internet equivalent of what's said down the pub. No doubt some drongo somewhere is blaming the Eastern Europeans. None of it is worth the bandwidth it's written on and is the totally uninformed opinion of a bunch of people who have nothing whatever to do with the case. If it was that easy to derail a trial, surely we'd have every gangland mafioso in the country deftly commenting under an assumed name on 'Competition Riders' that it was him wot done it?

Because if you say it down the pub, only the people in the pub will hear it and be influenced by it.

If you say it on the web or in the newspaper, you are quite possibly going to be tainting the view of a person who is then selected for the jury.

Its called a fair trial, and if that cant be given because of this sort of stuff, potentially a murderer walks free. Look at the Jo Yeates case if you dont think this sort of thing (in that case the newspapers doing it) is taken seriously.

Its not being precious, its trying to ensure that the person responsible for this terrible crime doesnt get away with it.

skewbaldpony

Visit site
Because if you say it down the pub, only the people in the pub will hear it and be influenced by it.

If you say it on the web or in the newspaper, you are quite possibly going to be tainting the view of a person who is then selected for the jury.

Its called a fair trial, and if that cant be given because of this sort of stuff, potentially a murderer walks free. Look at the Jo Yeates case if you dont think this sort of thing (in that case the newspapers doing it) is taken seriously.

Its not being precious, its trying to ensure that the person responsible for this terrible crime doesnt get away with it.
I understand what you're saying, and agree if it's in a newspaper editorial, or even printed as part of news reporting, but idle gossip on internet chat rooms *can't* be reined in. And what's to say the juror doesn't go down the pub?

I absolutely agree that a newspaper can't print anything assuming guilt before trial. I would argue that people gossiping in any medium is not something you have control over, and it is not realistic to try to place a gagging order on joe public.

Surely, in the Jo Yeates case, it was actual newspaper reporting, not someone on Mumsnet or for that matter, HHO, saying, ooh I bet it was him, the barsteward?

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
I understand what you're saying, and agree if it's in a newspaper editorial, or even printed as part of news reporting, but idle gossip on internet chat rooms *can't* be reined in. And what's to say the juror doesn't go down the pub?

I absolutely agree that a newspaper can't print anything assuming guilt before trial. I would argue that people gossiping in any medium is not something you have control over, and it is not realistic to try to place a gagging order on joe public.

Surely, in the Jo Yeates case, it was actual newspaper reporting, not someone on Mumsnet or for that matter, HHO, saying, ooh I bet it was him, the barsteward?

Of course they cant gag joe public.

But joe public on HHO is publishing arguably just as widely as a newspaper. And if Jo or Joe Public actually persist in directly accusing a named individual of murder prior to a trial on mass audience websites, then the governments legal head may decide there is no prospect of a fair trial and the trial may never take place.

The fact you are unlikely as an individual to be prosecuted for doing something doesnt make what you are doing any different in its essence.

Justice for Tia means that the trial goes ahead, and that means that discussion of the case is fine, but directly accusing an uncharged and untried citizen of murder isnt, at least in the eyes of the law of this country.