Poorly beastie

Queenbee

Visit site
So, the poor boy is a little under the weather, all the horses at the yard are, slight coughs and runny noses - not too bad temps ok, the odd cough, tiny bit of intermittent snot, can't work out if Ben is a bit lethargic or just moping with the wet weather (as he does this too) as the other horses are still being worked fine but I would rather leave him be until he is over it. He still has his appetitite, attitude and everything else is pretty much normal. Am not worried but I don't like to see my poor boy poorly :(

Queenbee

Visit site
I know :( I suppose I slightly exaggerated - about half the horses on the yard had it. Some go out competing so it could have come in via that but we also had a baby highland arrive and when he was cut he developed a temp, snotty nose - the works but for him it was worse with his baby immunity he went off his food etc and the vet was called in. I am however pleased to report that about a week after snot gate with ben (I found him with a truck load of snot, when I bought him in, went to get some water and cotton wool etc and came back to find he had wiped it on his haynet and was eating the hay - bleurgh, then its been a bit of snot and a bit of coughing for a week, but today he was much more his vocal self and did a little skip into canter when I went to bring him in - of course the weather has been nice so that may have had an effect on his mood but he certainly seemed more himself and no snot to see. Hopefully the back of the virus has broken :)