Popple went in the river yesterday!

Puppy

Visit site
Whilst out with my mother waiting to watch me race, she went paddling
shocked.gif
TWICE!!
shocked.gif

I am now rather concerned that she has found her spaniel love of water and I am going to be forever bathing her so she doesn't stink of the Cam
smirk.gif

I blame Otto for giving her such ideas
tongue.gif

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Otto hasn't been swimming since the first time, I think it's because I have my camera at the ready now
mad.gif

He loves to paddle though (and wallow in muddy puddles
mad.gif
) he is always in the water
grin.gif

He is currently helping my OH to build a bed for the spare room, although Otto's idea of "helping" doesn't seem to be too popular with my OH
grin.gif
He keeps pinching the screwdriver
grin.gif
OH had just put everything together with the wooden dowel thingies, but not put the screws in, Otto came along and whacked it with his paw... demolished the whole thing
grin.gif
grin.gif

Spudlet

Visit site
Henry also approves strongly of this improvement! He got stuck in the Ouse today because he jumped in where the bank was too high for him to get out and I now have a fab nettle rash all over my hand where I had to stick it through a nettle patch to pull him out again...
crazy.gif

A tip from a friend of mine for
grin.gif
smelly dogs - get a chamois leather, put rubber gloves on and run it under hot water - as hot as it will go. Then wring it out really well and wipe the dog with it, repeat as needed. It keeps them smell free and even mostly worked on Henry in the middle of winter when he was really hairy!

Aru

Visit site
lol good luck keeping her away from water now she discovered her roots1!... iv the opposite problem our Lab..yes Ladrador retriever!...she refuses to swim she will paddle but refuses to go out of her depth if she has a choice...i dont no what happened to her she used to be great in water, swimming,retrive from under water etc..maybe she just got sensible in her old age..:p

Charmaine18

Visit site
Aww, at least he went in of his own free will! My lurcher, who is terrified of water, accidentally jumped into the river once. There was a ball floating on it which she wanted, and because the water was covered in green algae she thought it was grass and just jumped down the bank. Then she panicked and went under for AGES, I thought she'd drowned... when she finally resurfaced she couldn't get out because the bank was too high so I had to pull out 4 and a half stone of wet, frightened dog. :/

Puppy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
he says what is wrong with stinking like the Cam??
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, admittedly I spend so much time on the Cam I am almost immune to it,
tongue.gif
but not so much that I am prepared to share my bed with someone whose been swimming in it
tongue.gif

Puppy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
A tip from a friend of mine for
grin.gif
smelly dogs - get a chamois leather, put rubber gloves on and run it under hot water - as hot as it will go. Then wring it out really well and wipe the dog with it, repeat as needed. It keeps them smell free and even mostly worked on Henry in the middle of winter when he was really hairy!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Well Pops is pretty sleek and as she's so little I just give her a quick shower in the bath, as I did last night - mean mummy
tongue.gif