"Posh" Fleece Rug

HappyDayz

Visit site
Looking to buy a nice fleece for shows, travelling etc. Am torn between the Rambo Newmarket and Lemieux Four Seasons. Any pros or cons to either? I used to have the Mark Todd Deluxe which I loved but that has definitely seen better days now!

WelshD

Visit site
I have a Comfort Zone rug which is similar to the four seasons one (Ruggles also make a really nice version) and also have the Rambo one. The Rambo goes very 'flat' quickly and looks dull after a while, the slightest thing sticks to it like a magnet

If you can cope with the lack of cross surcingles then the CZ/LM/Ruggles sort is the classier option IMHO

vallin

Visit site
Deepened what you want it for. I love the le mieux four seasons but it's so thick I would never use it! I love the Mark Todd and find them a more useful weight. My horse has a collection of cheaper ones rather than one really fancy one as she hates being too hot but is fully clipped so I have to make sure she's 'just right', she therefore has in order of 'warmness'
- Rambo competition sport cooler (fab rug for when there's just a bit of a nip in the air or after washing them down)
- Hy no neck fleece (cheap as chips but is lovely)
- Weatherbeeta waffle cooler (fits nicely but wasn't as thick as I'd hoped, bought to replace the old green one but isn't warm enough)
- Weatherbeeta full neck fleece (lovely but fit isn't the best)
- Old no-brand waffle cooler (fabulous rug and the one that gets the most use!)
- Mark Todd universal sheet (my favourite rug but is only used on the coldest of days as is toasty!)

Micropony

Visit site
I think they are kind of different rugs. The rambo is a nice fleece but the comfort zone/ le mieux copy is warmer but very light. And as WelshD says, a bit easier to brush bedding off. I think they are really nice rugs and my last horse had one as a day rug that was sufficient in all but the very very coldest weather.

Bubblewrap

Visit site
I have lovely Mark Todd ones in navy, they are two years old and still as good as new, (but they don't sleep in them, so lighter wear).

tootsietoo

Visit site
What about Thermatex? I love my 25 year old one and I think it looks smarter than fleece, really desperate to kit out the ponies in some new ones.

Izzwizz

Visit site
I have the newmarket Rambo blue striped one,,,,lovely but they tend to stick on my mare's shoulders as they aren't satin lined there. Beautiful rug though, she wears it in the day time in winter when stabled. My gelding wears his Mark Todd warmer fleece in the stable too and that is a nice rug also. He has a very nice Eskadron one for shows, fleece on the inside for warmth and like a jersey material on the outside. Not too expensive and it is gorgeous !

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I have a brand new 6'9" comfort zone navy GBR rug for sale at the moment if it's any use to you? It's really lovely but sadly the horse it was bought for failed the vetting and it's too big for my mare so it's just sat in the cupboard at the moment.