'Posh' hats

welshstar

Visit site
hi,
I've been looking around for a new velvet hat with flesh harness for showing. However, my head hates the charles owen hats (my current and getting quite old hat!) I've tried looking for champion ones (i have a ventair) but to be honest, they don't look as nice as the CO. I've also noticed some just togs ones but i think they look quite cheapy. It has to be navy as I can't have a black one for showing.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a smart velvet hat with flesh harness in navy? What do all the other 'champion' heads do?
Thanks
smile.gif

welshstar

Visit site
They look quite nice, thanks. I'll have a look around for stockists. It's surprising how little choice there is really, I've tried a champion one but the CO is far superior for not that much more money
crazy.gif

Drummer

Visit site
I second the Gatehouse Hickstead, I loved mine so so much and keep meaning to replace it, I used it for workers and it was just lovely, so smart and had a much 'sleeker' profile then most of the velvet hats with a leather harness.

welshstar

Visit site
is the champion classic the only velvet one? I tried a velvet champion one on in my local tack shop and it was quite nice but things like the harness felt a bit cheap. I love the CO one for the quality but I've yet to get a nice fit out of one
frown.gif

I will definately be looking for a stockist of the gatehouse, a nice sleek hat sounds perfect
laugh.gif

MegaBeast

Visit site
Another vote for the Gatehouse Hickstead, I've not long got myself a second one as the first one was starting to fade after being worn daily for some years.

I have a champion shaped head - have a Champion Ventair scull cap and found the GH fits perfectly. CO does not fit at all (except for their Beagler)