"Posh" name for my GG....

KatB

Visit site
Ok, been thinking about "posh" names for eventing next year... my boys name at the mo is Glacier Fox, which I personally find a bit naff! Was wandering if any of you wonderful lot could come up with a good BE name for him..... my mate came up with "Cow-gone-wrong"
crazy.gif
which made me laugh....!!!
cool.gif

For tose that don't know, he is the horse in my siggy...... his stable name is... *whispers* Godfrey.......

Agent XXX999

Visit site
Godfrey! That is a great name! I love it! Clearly, I am very, very busy at work…but I have found time to look up it’s meaning

From the Germanic name Godafrid, which meant "peace of god" from Germanic god "god" and frid "peace". Godfrey of Bouillon was the leader of the First Crusade and the first ruler of the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem.

What about Peace o’ this…

Spelt that way, so it relates to his name meaning.

Binky44

Visit site
When I was a child (which was many years ago), and used to offer my weekend services to a local riding stables (you know the one, lucky if they gave you a quid for all your hard work), there was a competition horse called Mandinko Warrior, which I always thought was very noble.

Nic

Visit site
I like it!

Kat whatever it is don't make it too hard to pronounce I always catch BE commentators out "here is Nicole king on....." Silence
blush.gif

I have had all sorts his name id He'll Dubh(Do) as in he will do!

Had everything though Hell Dub is the regular!
blush.gif

vic07

Visit site
superstition says you can't change a horse's name unless it needs a change of luck. his name now seems nice! Sorry.

KatB

Visit site
I know, but last time put him as Godfrey at a HT, the commentator changed it to Geoffrey, and it sounded indecent! And now going round is Katy riding Geoffrey....
blush.gif

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
My "Posh" name for mine is "Althone maverick" Can every body say that or do you think commentators will strugle?? Got me wondering now but anything was better then "Dermot"
mad.gif

"Batteries not included" always goes down well with me
smirk.gif