Positive thoughts please.... awful awful night.

Louby

Visit site
Well Ive just got in from Leahurst minus my boy.
Got to the field tonight and when I called them no one came which is very odd then my poor boy tried to come to me on 3 legs. To cut a long story short he is now in Leahurst with a left fore fractured knee, possible carpul sheath infection and possible fractured radius. Im devastated. We wont know about a fractured radius for about 10 days as apparantly it doesnt show on xray immediately so in the mean time hes to be cross tied in the stable as a precausion so he doesnt shatter his leg, if fractured and is on intravenous antibiotics. If hes fractured his radius then he will have to be PTS. My poor poor beautiful boy. Leahurst will ring me in the morning with any news.
Please send positive thoughts.
Thanks everyone.

Tia

Visit site
Oh no. I am so so sorry. I really feel for you - how absolutely awful.
frown.gif

Happy Horse

community.webshots.com
I am really sorry. If it is any consolation my horse survived a fractured radius. If they are saying it won't show for 10 days then it must be a spiral fracture they suspect which is the same as my horse. Leahurst is the very best place for him to be.

seabiscuit

Visit site
How absolutely horrendus, I hope that he will be ok, my thoughts are with you, and I have my fingers crossed for him. How do you think that he did it?

Louby

Visit site
Thanks everyone, they said he has been kicked. The wound is to the inside of his knee, quite odd for a kick but hes always 'boxing' with his mate. He is in a small herd of four horses and they all get on very well. He plays very rough with his best mate and Im presuming it got a bit too rough. God it looked awful, like his knee had been kicked to the side. Going to bed now, wait for the dreaded call at 10am.
Thanks again

Lottie7

Visit site
Positive thoughts and fingers crossed for you and your boy. Sounds like he's in the best place for a fighting chance.

Will be thinking of you both.
xx