Post christmas weekend plans!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Thursday already!

What's everyone got planned?
I am working today and tomorrow and then on call over the weekend so limited plans, boo hoo :(

Arena hire to a new place for Kira on monday though, checking out potential new show venue ;) Prob go to the NYD meet on tues and then birthday pony rides. then start packing up to move house and horses over the following week. eek.

Have fun everyone, hope some of you have more exciting plans to report back on :D

Bernster

Visit site
Not really. Post Xmas hack today and tomorrow. F and I are both sporting Xmas bellies! No riding over NY as spending time with friends. Hoping to get back into the swing of things from Jan!

Lexi_

Visit site
I’m off to the Liverpool international tomorrow and Sunday, so a quiet one for the horses. Will probably squeeze in a hack or two.

We’re going tomorrow night!

I’ve done my back in hefting shavings and hay bales around so no riding for me for a week or so 😞

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I was back on board Tammy today for the start of rehab attempt number *lost count*. She had her hocks jabbed a couple of months ago with a view to cracking on then, but she promptly went down first with a stone bruise which became an abscess, and then also a virus.

She was great today though, forwards, cheeky and happy. It was the first time that I've ridden her on the roads with her hoof boots (Scoots) all round, previously she's been shod in front and just had hoof boots on behind.

Fingers crossed that we can keep going this time (though with maybe just a tad less cheekiness please, T :D).

albeg

Visit site
Heading back home tomorrow so will head to the ride the pony, he's been off since Saturday so hopefully will be in the mood for work 😂

Saturday up early to get a ride in before meeting a friend/friends for a catch up and a bit of photography.

Sunday we'll probably hack down the bog road, I'll see if anyone is around to go for a mosey with us.

Monday might see if another friend is around, haven't seen her since Halloween so in need of a catch up. She mentioned hacking but we've no hind shoes so the amount of road work and stony tracks would be a bit much so we might just meet without horses.

blood_magik

Visit site
Hogmanay show this weekend. Have entered Blue in the discovery Saturday and then the newcomers Sunday.

Haven’t done a course on him since August so will give him a quick jump at the end of our schooling session tomorrow to make sure I remember how to ride distances 🙈

YO friend from one of the yards across the road is bringing her horse over first thing tomorrow so will be giving her a hand to jump before I ride my own.

Only two to ride tomorrow as Henry is waiting on an MRI for suspected ligament damage. 😖 Thankfully not too long to wait - he’s booked into the royal dick on the 7th of jan so 🤞🏻 they find the issue quickly and it’s nothing major.

Hope everyone has a good weekend 🙂

Wheels

Visit site
Good luck BM, and you chippers at your comps.

I'm waiting with baited breath to see if we end up with an abscess from where M stood on a nail on Christmas day. So far so good, no heat and no swelling of the leg. Will have a gentle hack out the next couple of days to see how he gets on. We have a lesson planned for Sunday over a derby course but we may or may not go. Would be a shame to miss it but not worth it if he's at all sore

Pippity

Visit site
Nothing particularly exciting, just a lesson tomorrow. It's our first in ages because first Blue had an abscess, then I had a broken finger, then our instructor had flu, so it'll be a rude shock for us both. And then cracking on with getting her fit enough to hack the 2.5 miles to our local dressage comp, do a test, then hack home. We did about a mile of walk on Christmas Day, and she was definitely too tired to compete!

Sprat

Visit site
Nothing interesting competition wise, but we have a lesson tomorrow which I’m really looking forward to. Hoping to start to plan some novice tests on the Bean come January so fingers crossed I come away from my lesson tomorrow with some enthusiasm (the Xmas slog has made me a little lazy and fat - I can’t put down the chocolate or wine)

zaminda

Visit site
Hoping to just manage to ride everyone! I'm off to a clinic on New year's Day for a jump as I don't want to go out competing having not jumped for months and we aren't allowed to jump in the school at the yard. Then it's into the swing to get fit for the season both me and the horses. 9 weeks until the first ride so something to aim for finally.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Nothing much for me either. I'm dropping parents off at the airport in the early hours of tomorrow and then heading to work for the day. So day off for the donks I think. Sunday will hack both. Arts is quite merrily bobbing round a three mile road loop now, so am planning to add another 0.6 mile bit on this weekend and see how she feels. Her body is way ahead of her brain in terms of hacking fitness at the moment - trying to show every horse in paddock that we pass how fabulous she is is just so damn tiring 😂

oldie48

Visit site
A last minute decision to send Rose on schooling livery meant I took her up on Christmas eve and collected her today, so I had a lesson. Very pleased as she's sharper to the leg and the canter is starting to improve. The hunt is around tomorrow a.m. but I'd like to run through the test we are doing in the RC competition on Sunday if I can get her out before they turn up. I was bought some Haas brushes so I am looking forward to using them and also riding Rose in her blingy browband on Sunday! Good luck to veryone else who is out at a competition!

Britestar

Visit site
Pole work session tomorrow morning with 'younger' horse. TREC in afternoon with old boy. Then beach ride Sunday with old boy, chum on her mare and a cobber, who'll be a first timer at the beach - so having the Go Pro on, in case he drops her in the water, lol!

Snowfilly

Visit site
Meant to be doing the riding school's over 18s gymkhana tomorrow afternoon. It'll be the first time I've been near a horse since losing my boy last week, and I'm not sure I want to.

On the plus side, my mum is riding in it as well, and it's a different horse for each race so I'll finally get to sit on the whizzy welsh gelding who arrived in October!

I feel I'm a bit too old for egg and spoon race but we'll see...

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Taking Raff's sharer for their first ever dressage competition on Sunday. She's practised the test so many times I think he could do it in his sleep. Just an intro My Quest, but I wonder how many 25 yr old ponies are registered with BD for the first time. Here they are practising ..... xx

48397645_1250421885096836_5729885173462335488_n.jpg

oldie48

Visit site
Meant to be doing the riding school's over 18s gymkhana tomorrow afternoon. It'll be the first time I've been near a horse since losing my boy last week, and I'm not sure I want to.

On the plus side, my mum is riding in it as well, and it's a different horse for each race so I'll finally get to sit on the whizzy welsh gelding who arrived in October!

I feel I'm a bit too old for egg and spoon race but we'll see...
Be prepared to feel a bit wobbly but chuck yoursef into it and have a lovely time, I hope it helps. best wishes x

Britestar

Visit site
Well, the pole work was interesting. Howling gale blew up once we arrived - so much so that the poles were rolling by themselves! Quit whilst still alive and hacked home, surviving plastic bags, pheasants and cup on the ground coming past at warp speed :/

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Taking the "new" young Spanish mare out in the trailer for the first time since she arrived......18 months ago! Not sure why we've been stuck at home all this long, but it is time she went out somewhere: the last time she was on the box she traveled from Malaga to Ireland. This trip will be about 2 miles, but she won't know that :)

blood_magik

Visit site
Ooft... busy busy busy at Morris today - 78 in Blue’s class and not very organised, if I’m being totally honest.

Both of us had switched off by the time we made it in the ring so muppet here forgot the course and got eliminated for jumping the wrong fence 🤦‍♀️

He jumped great though so we’re heading back to attempt our first newcomers tomorrow. Hopefully I remember where I’m going 😂🙈

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Ergh, hate jumping when the classes end up massive and judging a warm up becomes impossible BM. Still, game face on for tomorrow - good luck!

Chippers1

Visit site
Hmm my jumping didn't go quite to plan....he stopped in the warm up 5 times! That's very unlike him but went over each one the second time, decided to go round the course and it felt terrible, very sticky and huge leaps over some of them. Looking back at the video it wasn't as bad as I thought and on the bright side he actually went and jumped all of them (although stopped at the first, something he does when he's not feeling great) and only knocked one pole because I wasn't straight, as I'd forgotten the way! So I'm pleased still, and we got a 2nd out of 2 😅

8 faults and half a second slower than the winner (and that was with the stickiness and bringing him back to trot to re balance!) On our first 75cm when he wasn't feeling 100% at least shows we can do it and he's listening to me more and I'm riding him much better and not chickening out any more!!

I've hired the course on Monday so I'm going to see if he's better and have a pop round without too much pressure. I'll use the same warm up jumps and everything just to check out confidence is still there as stops normally affect me. So good and bad really!