Post images of all your Horse‘s Veterinary Conditions

islandspirit

Visit site
picture.php

My horse, Spirit, 1 week after kissing spines op to remove 5 dorsal processes.

NOISYGIRL

Visit site
I've actually posted these on HHO before so apologies if you've already seen them. This is Turbo's leg after he got caught on an electric wire fence which 'cheesewired' down this leg. If you look closely you can see the wire scored the bone. Its his near hind leg.

The front shot

Turbo160804.jpg

Side shot

Turbo2160804.jpg

The inside side shot

Turbo5160804.jpg

A back shot

Turbo31608.jpg

A week later

09-08-04-1.jpg

That is horrific, is the horse ok now ? do you have pics now ? this is my fear with electric wire

Rosehip

Visit site
Wow! The horse in the algarve is awful, I would hazard a guess at either he has been stuck in some sort of bog, or he had been run over and dragged....did you ever find out what happened to him?

The elec fencing injuries are awful too! I cant imagine the horror!!! x

popularfurball

Visit site
169a4e38.jpg

07452fc2.jpg

My baby... She has a rare form of auto immune disease (pemphigus erythematosus)... misdiagnosed for two years as "badly managed sweet itch"

chunky11

Visit site
Vitilago- it is improving with steroid cream
Dexoffside.jpg

Dexmuzzle.jpg

Nod as a very sick yearling- vet diagnosed grass sickness- he was very lucky to survive and took a year to recover all his hair and body weight. He had a very sucessful career as a show cob, ending up at HOYS and is now happily semi retired in the field at the age of 18!

Nod1993---473-2.jpg

Nod1993---473-1.jpg

In case anyone wants to know- here he is at 4 yrs:
Nod19946---475-1-2.jpg

and at 12 yrs:
Nod2005---481-1.jpg

and at 16 yrs:
SarahBrockhurst---479.jpg

This is amazing!!;)

CeeBee

Visit site
Nemo's Sarcoid before and during Liverpool Cream treatment

Nemo had a small lump on his neck which was not noticed by myself or the vet when I bought him, due to him having a fluffy winter coat.

I pointed it out to the vet at Rossdales Equine Clinic at Newmarket when he was staying there last September due to an accident he had in the field and they said they could laser it off. The lab results showed it to be a sarcoid.

Here is the sarcoid before treatment, the lump was tiny, about the size of a little finger nail, but the hair surrounding it was kind of like a water mark stain you get on your clothes:

Picture1-1.jpg

Following laser treatment, the wound didn't heal, so my own vet recommended liverpool cream treatment. This is what it looked like on the day just before 1st application of the cream:

Picture2.jpg

After 1 week (not easy to see due to cream being on it)

Picture3.jpg

4 weeks after the last application of cream

Picture4.jpg

5 weeks after last application of cream

Picture5.jpg

Picture6.jpg

Dreading the part when it actually falls off!

chunky11

Visit site
Is this an improvement?
It looks massive and extremely sore! Ive never seen a sacoid lazered off so couldnt really comment but seeing this would make me think twice, the before picture looks like it does go under the skin rather on top like most, how is it looking now??
I hope it gets better soon, best wishes! x

chunky11

Visit site
Is this an improvement?
It looks massive and extremely sore! Ive never seen a sacoid lazered off so couldnt really comment but seeing this would make me think twice, the before picture looks like it does go under the skin rather on top like most, how is it looking now??
I hope it gets better soon, best wishes! x

P.S please post more pics it would be good to see it get better

sprite1978

Visit site
It would be great to see the after pictures when its healed. Liverpool cream is very aggressive.

This is a great thread. Just what the forum should be used for rather than petty squabbles.

CeeBee

Visit site
P.S please post more pics it would be good to see it get better

I hope after all this there is a positive result - although he will be left with scarring and the hair most likely will not grow back.

The last pics were just taken 2 days ago, so will keep you updated.

I must add that he has been extremely laid back about the whole thing. I had heard that many horses have to be sedated just to put the cream on as it can be very painful. I guess the fact it is on his neck rather than somewhere more sensitive helps. Every morning and evening he stands without even a headcollar on and lets me clean the wound. I then spray with antiseptic and smother in sudocrem to keep the flies off. Unfortunately most of the sudocrem ends up on my other horse!

Vetwrap

Visit site
Full thickness slice through the coronary band:

Slight history - injury occured when cast in stable. Horse was treated within half an hour by a vet and it was agreed that I would collect him the following morning and bring him home to my vet. Photos are taken from this point on - first ones are first look when the dressings came off.

Image019.jpg

Image018.jpg

Post Surgery - having been in a cast for two weeks - stitches came out that day:

Image021.jpg

One week later - dressings change:

Image024.jpg

Another week further on - again, dressings changed:

IMAG0048.jpg

And another week on - dressings off.

IMAG0078.jpg

And 9 weeks after the initial injury - following first trim since the accident:

IMAG0221.jpg

I am so very grateful to the excellent vets at Oakham Hospital for looking after him so well - and for Petplan for paying the claim! I am also very grateful for the fact that he was attended to so quickly in the time after the initial injury.

thundersprite

Visit site
beas sarcoid shes had 2 courses of liverpool cream that sadly failed now

before the bcg
sarcoids003.jpg

yesterday after the second bcg, vet been out today and given her more pain relief
beasface003.jpg

domane

Visit site
Mystery swelling that just appeared on cob's fetlock....

IMAGE002.jpg

IMAGE003.jpg

Feather trimmed back for vet examination. It was about the size of half a tennis ball. No heat, no lameness, rock hard (like bone), no pain reaction at all. Vet was as mystified as me and his advice was to "leave well alone and wait and see what happens" and nothing ever did. After about 5 months it suddenly started shrinking and by 6 months it had gone completely.

Always Henesy

Visit site
picture.php

This is one of the leg injuries sustained by my beloved lad Xmas day 2010 after slipping backwards down a bank in the field (heavy snow on the ground), going through the hedge and into barbed wire behind. He severed both Digital arteries and both tendon sheaths in each hind leg. He was taken for surgery the next day and after 19 weeks box rest, impaction colic that nearly killed him post surgery, £10,000 of vets bills (thank God for insurance) he went on and made a full recovery and you would never have known he had done this. Amazing treatment by my vets. very sadly after injuring himself badly in June 2011, he was tested for neurological problems and diagnosed with Wobblers syndrome. He was pts 26th August 2011 and I miss him every day.
picture.php

This was the 6th March 2011
picture.php

Nearside hind 6th March 2011 - the lesser of the two injuries, although he still had sepsis in the tendon sheath.
picture.php

missponymad

Visit site
Vitilago- it is improving with steroid cream
Dexoffside.jpg

Dexmuzzle.jpg

Nod as a very sick yearling- vet diagnosed grass sickness- he was very lucky to survive and took a year to recover all his hair and body weight. He had a very sucessful career as a show cob, ending up at HOYS and is now happily semi retired in the field at the age of 18!

Nod1993---473-2.jpg

Nod1993---473-1.jpg

In case anyone wants to know- here he is at 4 yrs:
Nod19946---475-1-2.jpg

and at 12 yrs:
Nod2005---481-1.jpg

and at 16 yrs:
SarahBrockhurst---479.jpg
this horse is absolutely stunning!!! We lost one of our friesians to grass sickness :( it was horrible I had just started literally 2 weeks before he died having dressage lessons with him before we had him pts :,(

TraceyD

New User
Visit site
spotty-sidney005.jpg

spotty-sidney002.jpg

This pony is now 5 yrs, i had him from 6 months old. This year i broke him to harness and clipped him for the first time ever. He has never had this condition before. it began shortly after being clipped, and i put it down to an allergy from the clippers or oil. months later. No better. The lumps fluctuate in size. It began on the neck, then the belly and flanks, and today in the latest episode are now on even the unclipped area of his coat. You can feel them under his skin. They are soft swellings varying in size from pea size to swellings like you would get in a horse sensitive to fly bites. Now they are on his face, these have erupted and ooze yellow runny fluid, not puss though. they don't seem to irritate him, they have not caused itching, he is fine within himself. I thought allegy, i have changed his bedding, his food, his rugs one by one, all to no avail. i'm at a loss, can anyone help

chunky11

Visit site
I was thinking Pemphigus Foliaceus, a form of auto immune disease that effects the skin, but this is usually associated with lumps / lesions and then hair loss cycle.
It is very hard to diagnose though if it is, not alot if anything will show up in bloods or with apple core type skin biopsy.
Do they completely go at all or are they always there?
Look for any mud fever type scabs on lower legs (particularly hind) and and marks on hooves / coronets also any ventral odema / swelling between chest and girth area that you might not see with winter coat and any "summer sores" on lips,

Try Global herbs Skratch plus (I know you say not itching but it is a sup for skin and immune system) and Restore which detox's the system and liver of the horse - this will help if it is or isnt auto immune according to alot of people I know through pemphigus they couldnt recomend this enough also some omega oils and vit E will help no end for anti-oxidant and calms immune response down

Hope this helps