Post images of all your Horse‘s Veterinary Conditions

Spritely

New User
Visit site
PeachesEye231112.jpg

After 3 days

PeachesEye281112.jpg

Taken After One week (2 days after treatment with Ivermectin). We then started administering steriod drops which really helped calm things down.

6 days after treatment, there is just a small white area which is diminishing daily.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Really interesting looking at all the pictures, did the horse that got caught on the gate recover ok have you got any pictures of it healing would love to know how he is.

Mac1991

New User
Visit site
538464_530669950290839_638921790_n.jpg

anybody know what my next step with this could be. its about the size if your thumb nail with slight swelling below the ear to his eye but his eyes fine and hes fine in himself. He'll let you touch it and the area and he's fine to have a head collar on. Hes on bute as advised from the vet and is staying in over the weekend

H Scowen

New User
Visit site
My yearling welsh pony has recently seen the chiropractor and was diagnosed with an abcesse on her leg she has now had it for two months and it hasn't burst, she is very lame we have been poulticing it but nothing is happening, my farrier told me to call the vet and the vet told me to call the farrier, no one will help me, I don't no what else to do can someone please give me some advice thank you :)

I don't have a picture of it as you see it through the camera but it is definetly there

Tarte Au Citron

Visit site
Oreo's wire injury:
Day 1:
IMAG0092.jpg

Day 24ish:
day24.jpg

Day 72ish:
day72.jpg

Fortunately no damage to the bone or joint and seems to be healing nicely :) sorry the pictures are a bit big :eek:

H Scowen

New User
Visit site
My yearling welsh pony has been lame on and off for about three months now and I'm at a loss about what to do the vet and chiropractor both think its an abcesse however it has not burst even tho we had been soaking it and poulticing it for weeks and weeks and it has now gone hard so I'm inclined to think that's not what it is. She has a hard round lump just above her coronetband you can move it and munipulate it also moves by itself (not a great deal tho) you can move it and press it, poke it all you want and it doesn't seem to hurt however she is still lame please can someone help I thought it might be lateral cartillage but not sure and if it is I have no idea how to treat it.

H Scowen

New User
Visit site
H Scowen;11517302]My yearling welsh pony has been lame on and off for about three months now and I'm at a loss about what to do the vet and chiropractor both think its an abcesse however it has not burst even tho we had been soaking it and poulticing it for weeks and weeks and it has now gone hard so I'm inclined to think that's not what it is. She has a hard round lump just above her coronetband you can move it and munipulate it also moves by itself (not a great deal tho) you can move it and press it, poke it all you want and it doesn't seem to hurt however she is still lame please can someone help I thought it might be lateral cartillage but not sure and if it is I have no idea how to treat it.
I have been researching this and i think it may be ringbone has anyone else ever had any experience with ringbone?
I have uploaded a picture of her foot (the lump) into my album on my profile page.

Last edited:

Beausmate

Visit site
My yearling welsh pony has been lame on and off for about three months now and I'm at a loss about what to do the vet and chiropractor both think its an abcesse however it has not burst even tho we had been soaking it and poulticing it for weeks and weeks and it has now gone hard so I'm inclined to think that's not what it is. She has a hard round lump just above her coronetband you can move it and munipulate it also moves by itself (not a great deal tho) you can move it and press it, poke it all you want and it doesn't seem to hurt however she is still lame please can someone help I thought it might be lateral cartillage but not sure and if it is I have no idea how to treat it.

Has it been x-rayed?

H Scowen

New User
Visit site
Hi my pony has 3 white socks and obviously 3 white hooves, i have noticed that the colour of the fourth hoof has changed colour to a greyish, black, purple colour and im not sure if this could be happening because he might be getting white markings on this leg or is it something else.

shierbird

Visit site
http://m1272.photobucket.com/albumlist/shirebird please take a look at progress of my yearlings head injury from a month ago when he did it (on side of horsebox when loading) to now. Vet has been and he has had danilon but tho cut has healed it has remained very swollen. Today he had broken the skin again and was bleeding a little. He is v v itchy ( has had lice so may be this)... I'm worried that its not healing well and may be fracture or bone fragment?

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
probable squamous cell carcinoma (bottom left particularly). This was after a 2 day treatment with zorac cream followed by liquid nitrogen. We are going to try again. The lobey area produces lumps of dead skin compared to those surrounding it.

268884_10152866137495438_1524489056_n.jpg

MardyMare

Visit site
A post further down reminded me of a picture diary I took of one of my mares that contracted strangles in 2011 when a carrier horse came to the yard. Thankfully we were on top of it quickly - all quarantined and foot trays sprays etc but this mare really struggled through it all. She made a full recovery and is completely fine now but it knocked her system and in total she took nearly 4 months to full recovery.

This was how we found her originally in paddock - holding her head at an angle and struggling to swallow - this horse tends to have choke attacks and at first I thought it was that as no other horse showed any symptoms :

We held hot packs on it and it then erupted and most of her cheek came off in my hand :

At this point every other horse on yard had been tested and cleared of strangles and when we sent a swab of this mucus to the lab it came back as non-strangles (although original bloods said she was positive) but she tested positive for
‘Burkholderia Cepacia’ – I wont even try and explain it – this is what wikipedia has to say

“Burkholderia cepacia complex (BCC), or simply Burkholderia cepacia is a group of catalase-producing, non-lactose-fermenting Gram-negative bacteria composed of at least seventeen different species, including B. cepacia, B. multivorans, B. cenocepacia, B. vietnamiensis, B. stabilis, B. ambifaria, B. dolosa, B. anthina, and B. pyrrocinia.[1] B. cepacia is an important human pathogen which most often causes pneumonia in immunocompromised individuals with underlying lung disease (such as cystic fibrosis or chronic granulomatous disease)."

Every day we had to scrub and clean with saline solution and I put intrasite (sp ?) gel on and it slowly shrank smaller and smaller :

A month after that it looked like this :

and finally shrank :

ps: not sure how to get pics to show in the post

Last edited:

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
After second treatment- same cream and longer liquid nitrogen treatment.

Looked good to start/healing

8764_10152919894520438_1471182320_n.jpg

but returned (with the scab it was producing)
1151013_10153161028915438_286528779_n.jpg

updated photo after more aggressive treatment - stronger cream made up by liverpool and longer liquid nitrogen treatment back in October, pic taken yesterday. - lobed area was where the skin is slightly redder. There is a slight bump of what I suspect is scar tissue so am very hopeful it is now resolved. Have only taken so many photos to save the vet having to visit but hopefully it will help others keep an eye on their steeds nether regions!

1524581_10153722529650438_1790379469_n.jpg

ilvpippa

Visit site
Some pics of my girl recovering from stifle arthroscopy
Day after

Yesterday - small black dots are the stitches; she has 3 inside her leg too