post tenoscopy 7 months on.... others experiences please

Olly's crew

Visit site
In march this year my pony was diagnosed with a ruptured tendon sheath and torn manica flexoria. His treatment has involved scans, tenoscopy, a course of PRP injections x3 and two steroid injections. Throughout this period (until 1 month ago) he has been on box rest for the majority of the time with hand walking as advised by the vet (On a previous attempt at restricted grazing he re injured it by hooning about). He is currently on restricted grazing with 2x 30 minute hand walking twice a day ( again as advised).

I am concerned that whist he is coping generally well with the grazing and hand walking that he consistently will rest the leg when standing. When the vet has previously reviewed him he has not made much comment about this when I have mentioned it. However this really does not seem to be improving over time. There is no heat or puffiness to the area.

The vet is due to see again this week (Friday) but was wondering if anyone here has had similar experiences. Also how did your horses fare in the longer term. So far the vet continues to say he should be able to return to light hacking, but I feel concerned by what seems to be a much slower improvement that I anticipated.

Thank you