Post your BN BSJA piccys please :)

I_A_P

Visit site
As title really. Want to see what it looks like as thinking of taking Digby this weekend to do his first BSJA
grin.gif

Sneedy

Visit site
Here are 2 pics of the same fence (BN & Disco), taken in April this year at the local BSJA show. Not the best photos but don't look at us look at the fences (not a fan of sjing but its a necessary evil!!)!!!!

BN Class
BN-Hollowell.jpg

Discovery Class
DiscoHollowell.jpg

Hope that helps a bit
wink.gif

I_A_P

Visit site
Argh they look bigger than i was imagining!

I am undecided now....i think i will have a word with my instructor tommorrow night
smile.gif

big thanks though as now i know more what to expect
smile.gif

Befney3

Visit site
I haven't got any piccies for you (although I jumped the blue/white fence in the middle pic of LadyBlus last weekend) but I would say 'Go for it'. Last weekend was only my 2nd time out BSJA & I loved it. I found it wasn't the height that scared me, it was the width of some of the oxers but once I was on my horsey I was fine. I'm off to do my 3rd BN this weekend & am looking forward to it.

Good luck if you do go. I'm sure you'll do fine.
grin.gif

KatB

Visit site
Nah I'm the BIGGEST SJing wimp you will ever come across, and am eyeing up Discos and 1.05's now. You will be fine
tongue.gif
Most run the 80cm warm up first which is good to get revved up over
tongue.gif

embonaught

Visit site
How big are the different classes in BSJA then? People always say "Brit Novice, Disco, etc" but i never know what that equates to. Can someone put an idiot's guide up just for me? Thanks

Starbucks

Visit site
British Novice - 90cm
Discovery - 1m
Newcomers - 1.10
Foxhunter - 1.20

Then they have 1m, 1.05, 1.10 opens, qualifiers etc.

Hope that helps.
smile.gif

harrihjc

Visit site
I'm trying to pluck up courage to do my first BN too, we jump 1m courses easily in our lessons with me thinking they're about 2ft6 until I look closer, but there's something so much more scary about a show, I reckon its after his random 'I will try to launch you at 100mph into the jump with a filler even tho I've jumped it 100 times before' episode a month ago!

embonaught

Visit site
Thanks for the measurements, I'm going to write them down. Honest. Another question. Why do jumps always look easy until it's your turn to go? Ha ha

I_A_P

Visit site
Thnks everyone.

My instructor saw him jump a curse for the first time the toerh day and said he should be doing no less
blush.gif

Im more worried about the fact that its a new venue rather than the height- i dont even know what its like!! he will hopefully be fine though
smile.gif
all good experience

Starbucks

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the measurements, I'm going to write them down. Honest. Another question. Why do jumps always look easy until it's your turn to go? Ha ha

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, and they always look tiny after you've jumped them!
tongue.gif