Posting a saddle - who to use?

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
So I've had my saddle advertised for a couple of weeks. It was advertised as collection only however I've been approached by someone offering £50 over my asking price if I'll send it to them and am sorely tempted as it's currently just cluttering up our lounge.

So can I have courier suggestions and tips for how to avoid any saddle sale horror stories pretty please?

Am I better off having them organise the courier or doing it myself?

WelshD

Visit site
I personally would only ever use Parcelforce for a saddle, I sent one recently for £26 next day (£20 two day) fully insured

Chocy

Visit site
I have used Paisley Freight twice with no problems. Think it's £13-15 for saddle. Extra insurance is optional-I asked sellers which level of insurance they would like & asked them to pay it

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
So I've had my saddle advertised for a couple of weeks. It was advertised as collection only however I've been approached by someone offering £50 over my asking price if I'll send it to them and am sorely tempted as it's currently just cluttering up our lounge.

So can I have courier suggestions and tips for how to avoid any saddle sale horror stories pretty please?

Am I better off having them organise the courier or doing it myself?

You could tell them to use Hermes online to have it picked up from you and pay the carriage themselves. That way, the responsibility is all theirs from the moment it leaves your hands as long as you pack it safely. They can email you the Hermes label.

Custard Cream

Visit site
Sounds like a scam. Why would someone offer £50 OVER the asking price on something that hasn't sold for a few weeks? Any normal person would be offering you less.

They've asked you to post it so they can get it then claim their money back because there's something wrong with it. Are they paying by PayPal?

Keep all email communication, take a million photos of it from every angle including one of it wrapped in the box.

And be careful - totally sounds dodgy.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Sounds like a scam. Why would someone offer £50 OVER the asking price on something that hasn't sold for a few weeks? Any normal person would be offering you less.

They've asked you to post it so they can get it then claim their money back because there's something wrong with it. Are they paying by PayPal?

Keep all email communication, take a million photos of it from every angle including one of it wrapped in the box.

I'd agree with this caution. I'm selling two saddles at the moment and I've insisted on payment by Bank transfer, cheque or PayPal friends and family (no buyer protection) only.

The first one has sold to someone who's only seen one photo of one side of it. It's a good job I'm honest, what a risk he's taking.

Last edited:

FestiveFuzz

Visit site

Saddle was originally listed for the price they've offered. I presumed their offer was to cover postage and PayPal fees as it was advertised as collection only and cash on collection, but perhaps I'm being too trusting.